A good place to give a little bit of cash

or a lot of cash, depending on what you could afford. But ANY amount will help, so please read on.

Dear friends of animals,

I am writing to urgently request your help in raising funds to sustain a critical and unprecedented lawsuit that we hope will help the animals of Quebec, and in particular the dogs that are forced to breed and die in Quebec’s abhorrent puppy mills. Quebec is the worst puppy mill province in Canada, as there is an inertia, to put it mildly, on the part of provincial authorities to enforce the province’s animal welfare legislation. A case can be made for corruption and conflicts of interest in these agencies also.

A few years back, Mr. Gilles Potvin, a former employee of a puppy mill operated by Lamarche and Pinard came forward to expose the pitiful and deplorable conditions of the animals in that mill and the gratuitous abuse to which they were routinely subjected by other mill workers. Mr. Potvin approached and sought the help of animal advocate and rescuer, Nicole Joncas, who operates Teja’s Animal Refuge, the plaintiff in the above-mentioned lawsuit. Since then, Ms. Joncas has tirelessly toiled to secure justice for the voiceless victims in this Lamarche and Pinard “facility”, but to no avail. Over the last few years, she and others have approached various provincial officials and filed countless reports of animal cruelty (which has been captured on videotape and in photographs of the facility) with the provincial police and also groups whose mandate it is to protect animals from abuse and enforce laws that are in place to ensure the welfare of these animals. None of these agencies and bodies have been responsive or helpful. They have failed to take any meaningful or adequate action against the operators of this appalling mill or take any action to rescue the animals in this mill, even though the law gives them the mandate to do so; in fact, many have even hindered and attempted to thwart the noble and compassionate efforts of Ms. Joncas to help these voiceless prisoners of greed. As a result, after exhausting every other possible avenue, including, but not limited to, peaceful demonstrations outside of the mill and an aggressive letter writing campaign to pressure authorities to take action for the dogs, Ms. Joncas has had no choice but to attempt to force the government’s hand by bringing a court action against the government and also against Lamarche and Pinard, who are named as the defendants in the motion to institute to proceedings. A copy of the motion can be provided to anybody interested in reading it. In layman’s terms, we are basically seeking permission to sue the Quebec government for failing to enforce the animal protection law in Quebec (which is arguably one of the strongest pieces of animal welfare legislation in Canada!). This case is huge, and, while we recognize that legal courses of action have their limits and drawbacks, we believe ms. Joncas’s success in court will not only help the animals currently suffering in Lamarche and Pinard faclities, but also will set a precedent that can serve to protect many animals in Quebec and possibly nationally.

However, this will not be cheap, and the plaintiff, Teja's Animal Refuge, already has limited resources that are barely enough to cover the costs in caring for the countless animals, including horses, bulls, chickens, pigs, dogs and cats, that have been rescued and are living out the remainder of their lives safely and peacefully, at Teja’s Animal Refuge. So, I ask each and every one of you to please donate as much as you can afford to the plaintiff in this case, Teja’s Animal Refuge, to finance this important lawsuit for the animals. Even if all you can afford is a few bucks, we would appreciate any amount that your finances and situation allow you to donate at this time to this worthy campaign.

I just set up the pay pal link today, so hopefully it will work properly for you. If you encounter any difficulties or have any feedback, please post it in this thread or pm me.

here is the link to make a donation to Teja's in support of the lawsuit:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=nkuyumcu%40hotmail%2ecom&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=CAD&lc=CA&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Also, please feel free to share any fundraising ideas or experience you may have which you feel would be helpful to Teja’s. We are currently working on embedding a donate button right into Teja's Website (www.tejasanimalrefuge.ca) or alternatively, creating a website that specifically has information and updates about the lawsuit.

Thanks so much for ANY help you can give. Without the help of caring people who are fed up with people in power failing the animals, we will not be able to see this through to the end. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Natalie

Again, any amount is appreciated and no amount is too small. Small amounts add up if enough people contribute.

And I should also note that the motion to institute proceedings has already was filed last month in Montreal's Superior Ccourt, so we are up and running, with an attorney who has kindly agreed to do this for literally peanuts. It is however a big case and will take up a lot of the attorney's time and resources, and the defendant's have deep pockets, so we need to raise as much funds as possible to sustain this.

For the voiceless prisoner's and victims of a greedy industry and the victims of government corruption and inertia,

Natalie

P.S. Go give your doggy a hug from me.

34 views and not a single dollar donated?

C'mon, people, I know you can do better than that. Let me be clear about this:

This lawsuit is the LAST CHANCE that the hundreds of thousands of breeding dogs trapped in Quebec's hellish 2000 + puppy mills have. They never see the light of day, they are never walked, they never know even a modicum of human kindness. For all their lives they breed and breed until they cannot breed anymore where they are typically thrown into an incinerator alive, or beaten to death, or drowned. They never know what fresh, clean water is, and they have to fight for the little food that they get.

Puppy mills are hell on earth for dogs, and Quebec is the worst province in Canada for puppy mills, with a corrupt system of government that is standing by and allowing these places to continue operating even though we have videotaped and photographic evidence of this horrendous abuse, and we know the exact whereabouts of several mills.

PLEASE donate today - no amount is too small.

Edited by compassionategirl

LL, surely you can scrounge up one tiny little dollar for the campaign? I am dead serious when I said no amount is too small.

Forgive my agrressiveness, but the Lamarche and Pinard mill dogs cannot afford for me to be shy and soft in my efforts to fundraise for this lawsuit.

I need to do whatever it will take to persuade people to give any amount they can to this campaign, even if it is one literally ONE DOLLAR.

Thanks for all that you all do for animals - I know there are so many great causes and not enough $$ to go around to support them all.

CG,

No need for apologies or forgiveness. I appreciate your assertivesness and passion.

Giving cash, even/especially just one dollar, is no guarantee that this particular campaign will succeed at this time. There are virtually endless campaigns, groups, individuals, causes, etc that truly deserve funding but that people have limited funds to share. Also, most folks here do not know you personally nor are they personally familiar with or invested in this particular campaign. These are some reasons that folks may be be hesitant to send cash.

CG,

No need for apologies or forgiveness. I appreciate your assertivesness and passion.

Giving cash, even/especially just one dollar, is no guarantee that this particular campaign will succeed at this time. There are virtually endless campaigns, groups, individuals, causes, etc that truly deserve funding but that people have limited funds to share. Also, most folks here do not know you personally nor are they personally familiar with or invested in this particular campaign. These are some reasons that folks may be be hesitant to send cash.

Uff, how did this turn into a debate?

I never said that donating toward this legal action will guarantee its success. You know that is not what I meant as the suggestion is absurd. What IS guaranteed though is that if we are not able to raise enough funds, we will be unable to proceed legally and then FOR SURE we will not succeed.

The comment about "truly deserving campaigns and individuals". Is that meant to suggest that this campaign and this individual (Teja's Animal Refuge) is not "truly deserving"? This is a woman over 60 who battles chronic fatigue syndrome yet gets up every day at 5 am to take care of the 50 animals she has in her sanctuary - work that is extremely labourt intensive - and as if this wasnt enough on her plate, she has taken on the largest puppy mill operator in Quebec, WITHOUT the help of corrupt groups like the local SPCA.

If this is an individual that is not deserving, I dont know who is. Perhaps when any of you are in Ontario or Quebec you could meet Nicole, as it would be YOUR privilege to do so.

As far as "many folks here do not know you personally" comment, I have been on this board for years, even before you knew it existed. So many of the old timers I would hope know me well enough to trust me enough to send a freakin dollar to Teja's Animal Refuge at my urgent plea for financial support. Boy was I freakin wrong - another reminder of how the countless hours I have spent on this board over the last few years has been an utter waste of my time. I clearly have not even built enough goodwill to raise ten bucks from the old timers at VBB.

AT the very least, it would have been more helpful if these "hesitant folks" were to speak up and tell me what I could do to reassure them. perhaps the following information will help:

Nicole Joncas has been in rescue for over 20 years. She founded Teja's Animal Refuge and got her incorporation in 2004. Her incorporation # is 85496 4202 RC0001. This information can easily be verified for those that are hesitant.

If you would like to see a copy of the official motion to institute proceedings that was filed in court, let me know and I could gladly email you it with the official court file number, which you can then verify.

LL, if I was seeking pledges for running a marathon or some other type of similar event to raise funds for a good cause, being along time member of VBB I really wouldnt expect from some VBB members the attitude of "well I am not going to help you out because I dont personally know you even though I have read your posts for the last three years and have interacted with you via emails and pms during that time."

Uff, anyway, enough said. The information is there for those of you that are remotely interested in seeing animal law progress in favour of animals. DO with it what you wish.

CG my friend,

I had & have no intention of debating with you. I explained where I was coming from & suggested possible reasons folks sometimes do not donate. No negativity or insult was or is intended to you or the campaign you're promoting - only my most sincere best wishes - and I'm truly sorry if my words made you feel otherwise.

Thank you for all the good work you do. I hope that all goes wonderfully with this effort.

Edited by loveliberate

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

just wanted to keep this post a bit up towards the top of the page. Nat, we've spoken already about this, unfortunately sending cash from the UK to Canada will probably cost more in terms of exchange rates and the ever ambiguous "administration costs" (ever wondered who does the admin in these institutes? They must be filthy rich!) than the amount I could send. As you know I've got campaigns of my own to support as well. I'll spend some extra for these dogs who are, as I know you will agree, just as deserving.

BUT, whoever doesn't already spend what they can in time and money on some form of campaigning (and I'm sure we can ALL push ourselves a tiny bit harder!), come on, give a couple of dollars to Nat's campaign! You might think that you've only got a couple of dollars (have a drink less on a night out!), but if enough people just send a cheque for the amount of the spare change they have in their pockets, this campaign will get an enormous boost!

Come on, you all go "ooohh" and "aaaahh" when people post pictures of their companion animals. These dogs inside that damn farm are just like them, just as cute and deserving of a decent life, but instead they spend their lives in a sticking hell hole. Please, your couple of bucks in change can just make a difference. Or maybe not. The only thing that is for sure is that no campaign will definitely make no difference to these dogs!