Sports that hit every muscle

I am considering taking up a sport when I head off to college. One that isn't too dangerous( Football ouch) but one that can hit almost every muscle group there is. I'm thinking swimming( A friend of mine in a Legend of Zelda Forum) told me swimming would proaboably be it. anyone agree.

So if it is( or isn't) What else is there to consider?

I'll second wrestling. I've both wrestled and swam in the past, each are great workouts. Swimming promotes general fitness, wrestling is more intense. Leaving swim practice, you'll feel exhausted -- sore triceps, lats, shoulders, abs, legs. Leaving wrestling you'll feel like you just got your ass kicked. because you probably did. live wrestling will target more neglected muscles like your neck, forearms and grip, back, etc.

I might start club wrestling again next year because it's such a great workout, but you should just ask yourself exactly what you're looking to gain and achieve.

I'd just like more fefined guns/arms and chiseled abs. Just to the point where girls would find me atractive and sexy and not too far where they would go ick too many muscles what a freak

I'm going to take swimming in the summer to see how it fairs. It's summer after al and it will be hot.

I don't think I'd fair too well in a pysical contact sport like wrestling. It seems to demanding. I do want to take a martial arts class or something but Wrestling just seems too extream.

Plus I've heard that usually swimmers are chiseled and defined.

I'd just like more fefined guns/arms and chiseled abs. Just to the point where girls would find me atractive and sexy and not too far where they would go ick too many muscles what a freak
If that's your goal then I don't think martial arts or taking up a sport is what you need. Get into bodybuilding. If you start to get freakishly big lift lighter weight. If you want to take up a sport that will hit every muscle group take up grappling BJJ, Judo, wrestling.

Muscles won't get you chicks confidence will.

I recommend just working out and having fun. Baseball is probably the only college sport that is't demanding. Swimming required 5am cross training, afternoon weight room workouts and late night long swims all year long. Overall its even harder than wrestling if you want to do it in college(although wrestling is more intense...practice is much shorter)

Where are you going to go to college??? Are you interested in playing NCAA or intramural??? Some sports are very selective at certain schools and don't even let you try out if your representing the University. Also you can just look online to see if schools have what your interested in. There aren't very many schools without baseball and soccer teams. Other than maybe swimming, rowing, football at small schools and LaCrosse pretty much every school has every sport.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basketball is an amazing sport that works pretty much everything. It is also one of the funest sports to play and is very low maintenance.

I remember reading somewhere that NBA player Mike James doesn't touch weights and that he built his physique by simply playing ball. And assumingly outstanding genes...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h121/lovegenious/mjames.jpg

• 1 month later...

well, i would vote for swimming. I'm not saying that the sports mentioned above aren't good enough. on the contrary. But personally i LOVE swimming as there is no impact on one's joints and at the same time your whole body works out. When i'm in a pool and start swimming i forget all of my problems. i can swim for hours as My mind gets blank and swimming feels so natural as if walking. I nearly fell asleep once while swimming! However i don't know if it's suitable for making muscles or gaining mass. I think it's for fitness