Hello all!

nicole

Hello there! I have been checking out your site randomly for the past several months (thanks to Topher's recomendation), but I am finally becoming a member. It's good to find so many healthy, fit vegans in one place!

I have been vegan for about 9 years now. I am 25 and I live in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia. I am currently spending most of my "work out" time doing Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga as I am training to become a Power Yoga teacher! It is challenging stuff and I still can't believe the changes that it's made in my body, including my strength. I would have never thought I could do some of the things I can do now. I will have to post some of my pictures sometime. I also do still try to spend some time at my gym and lift/do cardio when I can! I am currently trying to fit a lot in as I want to complete my training by December so I can start teaching already!

Hi Nicole!

Welcome to the board

Power Yoga, i'm impressed! I'd do that myself, if i wasn't such a wuss - i guess it's too hard for me

And vegan for 9 years - you were very clever and mature with 16! It took me a little longer to get that far

Vegan cookies... *mjam* I totally love vegan cookies! I'm not sure whether your's really can match my mother's but either way, that's an important ability!

Isn't cornhulio what Beavis (from Beavis & Butthead) calls himself when he gets high??

Love and peace,

Alex

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, power yoga can be a total challenge! It is a great workout, in addition to it's other benefits. One of my current teachers who I practice with regularly is a former power lifter, I found out last night!

At 16, I had been vegetarian for a year or so and finally met someone who was vegan and figured out that it was do-able. Of course, I didn't have the internet or anything like that then, so even finding out that there was such a thing as soy milk was a huge revelation and made life so much better! The time I found my first health food store, I think I heard angels sing! Hahaha. Vegan cookies are a favorite of mine! I'm a sucker for pretty much any kind of vegan baked good.

Cornholio is also the name of my elderly, 10 lb boston terrier dog, but yes! It is also Beavis' alter-ego! Hehehe.

Also "hi" from me

I don't know what power yoga is. like yoja, only much more flexible? Do you have a link?

Oh, well, I just have to grow up and look myself...

It is cool to have you on board! 9!!! years vegan! wow! Still have to go 5 years to achive that!

Also "hi" from me

I don't know what power yoga is. like yoja, only much more flexible? Do you have a link?

Oh, well, I just have to grow up and look myself...

It is cool to have you on board! 9!!! years vegan! wow! Still have to go 5 years to achive that!

Power yoga is a more modern, athletic form of yoga. It is very physically challenging! It is the type of yoga that most football players and other athletes do. It is usually done in a warm/hot room to cleanse the body of toxins and to enable you to get a deeper stretch. You can check out more on Baptiste Power Yoga specifically at: www.baronbaptiste.com.

Five years is no big deal... haha... you can do it! After the first few it's just second nature, isn't it? I hardly even think about finding vegan food now. It's such a habit. Things that aren't vegan don't even register as edible.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi and Welcome! Did you know that we are actually "old" on this site! Really...I'm 24 and one of the oldest! LOL. NOt really, but kind of. Glad you are here!

Haha, oh no! Since turning 25 I am starting to feel old everywhere! I mean, logically I know it's not that old, but sometimes it sure feels old! Hahaha.

Hey Nicole,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself. If you are friends with Topher, it is a given that you must be awesome! He is great guy to have around.

It is great to have you here and I hope you make some good friends here like I have and many others have.

Best of luck with all of your training!

-Robert

Hey madre, that's NOT true!

There are many people around older than you! MUCH older

You two girls make me want to be 25 again! *sigh*

Hehe

I don't feel old, or if i do sometimes, i remember when i was 18 i sometimes did, too! And when i feel worn off, well, that has NOTHING to do with age, more with, erm, ... ja... ..... Okay, maybe it IS the age

And you are right, Nicole, about being vegan for some time. I guess after two or so years it IS your nature. You describe it perfectly - non-vegan products simply are completely out of my mind when shopping, no option, basta

Love and peace and have a great day,

Daywalker

Hey madre, that's NOT true!

There are many people around older than you! MUCH older

You two girls make me want to be 25 again! *sigh*

Hehe

I don't feel old, or if i do sometimes, i remember when i was 18 i sometimes did, too! And when i feel worn off, well, that has NOTHING to do with age, more with, erm, ... ja... ..... Okay, maybe it IS the age

And you are right, Nicole, about being vegan for some time. I guess after two or so years it IS your nature. You describe it perfectly - non-vegan products simply are completely out of my mind when shopping, no option, basta

Love and peace and have a great day,

Daywalker

Age isn't so bad! I am in much better shape now than I was at 18, so I think even now I'd be giving 18 year old me a run for her (my?) money!

Eating out can still be hard sometimes, but my eyes seem to know how to look over everything that I can't eat and find the few things I can or the few things that are customizable! And I have my grocery store down pat. Hehe. My biggest temptation currently is the vegan chinese buffet located directly next door to my yoga studio! I get out of class at 9pm on weeknights and it is sooo tempting to just pick up some buffet rather than going home and cooking (total drudgery that late after such a workout). Fortunately, I will be doing more of my training coming up at a different location in Philadelphia, so I will have to take the train and walk a lot more and I don't know any of the resturants in that area (yet). Hehehe.

P.S. I like your user name! Blade, yes?

Eating out can still be hard sometimes

That's true. Eating out is really the only problem. Although i wish i had your options Here it's pizza without cheese from the Italian restaurant or a salad anywhere else

There are SO good vegan restaurants in some places, but Germany is lagging far far FAR behind in this matter

Yesss! Blade, as he calls himself, the Daywalker, as the vampires he hunts whisper in fear.... *all of their strengths ... none of their weaknesses...*

Eating out can still be hard sometimes

That's true. Eating out is really the only problem. Although i wish i had your options Here it's pizza without cheese from the Italian restaurant or a salad anywhere else

There are SO good vegan restaurants in some places, but Germany is lagging far far FAR behind in this matter

Yesss! Blade, as he calls himself, the Daywalker, as the vampires he hunts whisper in fear.... *all of their strengths ... none of their weaknesses...*

Ah yes, I met a girl recently who is here for a few months from Germany doing an internship. I have taken her out for vegan cheesesteaks (it is Philadelphia, afterall), we made a campfire and I introduced her to the beauty that are toasted vegan marshmallows (and vegan s'mores), we have had vegan cheese nachos, brownie sundaes, etc! I get pretty excited about food, which most people find a little strange, but oh well. Anyway, I am getting her hooked on American vegan food. I am bad!

I have taken her out for vegan cheesesteaks (it is Philadelphia, afterall), we made a campfire and I introduced her to the beauty that are toasted vegan marshmallows (and vegan s'mores), we have had vegan cheese nachos, brownie sundaes, etc!

NICOLE!

Stop teasing me!

That's unfair!

I get pretty excited about food, which most people find a little strange, but oh well.

Hehe, i know what you mean. I LOVE food! The vegan food i don't like has yet to be discovered Sometimes i get a little too excited about food as well ... But that doesn't matter, as most people find me a little strange any way

Anyway, I am getting her hooked on American vegan food. I am bad!

*laughs*!

Yes, you are bad! Bad to the bone!

Maybe it's not that bad that we don't have (good) vegan cheese, marshmallows or decent ice cream around... i practically HAVE to eat healthy food instead

Haha, sorry! I am just a huge fan of food. Let's just say that it's a good thing that I spend as much time working out as I do, or it might not be pretty! Okay, it's not that bad, but I don't feel guilty about eating a treat when I want one!

veganmadre, Anyone who loves vegan food is a friend of mine! Hehehe.

And, K-oz, almost anyone can do power yoga! I've seen it. It's so easily adaptable to whatever your level is. You should check out a class if you ever have the opportunity!

sirdle, thanks!