ohsu

acatherine13

for portlanders--i have been reading up on the ohsu primate center--and reading very horrible stories of the treatment of the animals. but these articles are dated 2001/2002. what is happening now? are there any active movements still boycotting OHSU?

amy

for portlanders--i have been reading up on the ohsu primate center--and reading very horrible stories of the treatment of the animals. but these articles are dated 2001/2002. what is happening now? are there any active movements still boycotting OHSU?

amy

There are people out protesting the Primate Center on 185th and Walker frequently. Usually small groups, 5-10 people, a couple times a month, usually on Saturdays. Is that the Primate Center you're referring to?

yes, that is the one i mean. do you know how i can get into contact with this group?

amy

I have no idea what group it may be or how organized it even is. I'd just go by there on a weekend and stop and talk to the people. There's plenty of parking at the Capital Center right next door, just park and go chat 'em up, that's about all I can recommend. Their signs don't visiblly list any organizations.