Tattoo + Falafel=

http://photos-305.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v75/161/55/48703522/n48703522_30503305_9045.jpg

http://photos-307.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v75/161/55/48703522/n48703522_30503307_9744.jpg

Yes it hurt. Yes i know it lasts forever.

Big thanks to Tim Biedron at Deluxe tattoo for

A. Using vegan inks

B. Being an awesome nice and really cool guy to get a first tattoo from!!

p.s. He also does tattoos for Fallout Boy and Rise Against. Basically i'm famous now.

http://photos-303.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v75/161/55/48703522/n48703522_30503303_8387.jpg

But all that matters is falafel is delicious. And i rule at making it.

dude, that tattoo is amazing; my tats are old and faded (or maybe it's just me?).

anyway, the line work is sharp, the coloring cisp, and the depth is almost surreal... it rocks!

it's hard to tell your size, but it looks like you've got some serious guns, too.

if you'll be training in muay thai, i'd have to be on the run if we sparred. i wouldn't trade punches with you, i'd be hoping that you gas... otherwise, i might get hit by a tree!

but you look to be more of a gentle giant and i take it you will be training martial arts for the force not the dark side.

mmm i can smell that falafel cooking.

do you have a secret technique or recipe? i know some falafel are fava bean-based while some are chick pea-based, then there are a mix of the two.

the biggest challenge for me making falafel is getting the oil to heat at the right temp so as not to burn them. i've actually made baked falafel "burgers" that were decent...

Hehe thanks. I've always been a big boy. Now i'm more of a muscley big boy.

Tim was AMAZING!!! He is a fantastic artist and has a kick ass taste in music as well. I highly recommend him to anyone. If you want a tattoo though you're going to have to book months in advance. I set up my appointment in Decemeber.

Perfect oil temp i've found is around 340-350. Any cooler and they just fall apart.

I actually don't like Isa's recipe(for once in my entire life) so i use one my mom found online awhile ago. Lemme dig it up.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/109010

Absolutely amazing.

The reason i'm training muay thai is to make it so i'm more balanced. I quite possibly could drop someone in one punch. I want to train muay thai to make myself a more balanced person fitness wise. As fun as it is to be huge i also want to improve my cadriovascular health more and i'm positive muay thai(combined with actually starting to run tomorrow!!) will help me out.

Best part about it is that my tax return paid for all but 28 bucks of it, and my 50 dollar tip i'm giving him because he shaved about 37 bucks off the price(rounding down is the best!!!)

I think we should all have a Chicago meet up next summer and get tattooed by Tim!!!!

I highly suggest going smaller your first time. The last 30 minutes were pretty brutal but i sucked it up. The first 30 or so were also pretty brutal(outlining hurts).

Either that or if you get a big one, do multiple sessions like Sidneyvegan is doing. He was smarter than i was.

Still no regrets whatsoever. I gave him a big ol 50 dollar tip today.

Great Tattoo

The Tree looks incredible, I particularly like the knotted trunk.

Yay for Vegan Tattoo's...

How long did it take all up?

So far I'm sitting on 9 hours with 3 more to go.

I'm glad my sessions are 3 hours long, I'm not sure I could stand more than 3 or 4 hours in a day, I get a headache and feel tired as it is.

Shading and lots of different colours push up the time it will take as well.

Great Tattoo

The Tree looks incredible, I particularly like the knotted trunk.

Yay for Vegan Tattoo's...

How long did it take all up?

So far I'm sitting on 9 hours with 3 more to go.

I'm glad my sessions are 3 hours long, I'm not sure I could stand more than 3 or 4 hours in a day, I get a headache and feel tired as it is.

Shading and lots of different colours push up the time it will take as well.

It was almost 4 hours in total. He charged me for 3.5 and then took off a chunk. He was super fast and super gentle. I had very little red swelling at all afterwards. It's already starting to dry up and heal. I'm excited to see how it looks after it gets done with the healing process. It looks scrunched right now cause the skin is tightening a little bit.

I really like the reactions i get out of people when they see it. Most of the prudes are like "what about when you're 80??" I told one girl i had more important things to worry about when i'm 80 like dementia and crapping my pants. She was horrified and walked away.

Whenever people give me the old people skin thing I just tell them everyones skin looks like crap when they are 80 anyway so you should at least have colorful old people skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool tat, man! Reminds me that I gotta get some of my ink re-done. As for the "when you're 80" question - by the time you're 80, there'll be a legion of tattoo'd geriactrics hobbling around. We'll all be comparing tats to see whose is most faded or wrinkled. Make sure it's well healed before you start your Muay Thai!

It's all healed, i still have a natsy allergy cough though which i'm trying to get rid of by getting fresh air more. I think i'm even going to do some olympic type lifting(cleans, high pulls, jerks etc) outside because i don't have enough room in my tiny 4th bedroom my parents shoved all my lifting stuff into.

Muay Thai here i come!(the gym opens tomorrow so hopefully i'll have some free time on saturday to check it out)

I like the tree....I want to get some more plant tatoos on me, like vines going up my arm or something.

There is an awesome vegan tattoo place here too, called Scapegoat. I have talked to Brian from there and he is really awesome, I would recommed him to anyone!

I learned how to stick and poke and have been tatooing myself, I like it alot!