West Coast Vegan

Tasha

My name is Tasha, I'm from Victoria BC. I've been a vegan for 9 months. I had an interest in becoming Vegan because I didn't think it was possible to just live off fruits and vegetables. I also didn't think it was possible that I would compete in triathlons. Dew to 10 months ago to not being able to float in water, not being able to ride properly. But in My prospective anything is possible...

I've been training hard these past 4 month for my first race on June 3rd. Dew to a minor set back, three weeks ago I got hit by a car, from riding home from a in house triathlon. Which won't allow me to race in June. From a head, shoulder, and internal injuries. But lucky enough nothing broke !! Yaaah go Vegan power !

TTFN

Edited by Tasha

Yes...VEGA fixes everyone up nicely Have you looked in the Vegan Vacation topic?? Its going on in Portland in late July. We'll be doing lots of cycling on the coast and I'm getting married there(all forum member welcome)

Welcome to our group! I may be in Victoria in a few weeks. I have lots of family there (my father is from there and his family is there). Victoria is a great place and I look forward to many more travels there.

All the best in your contest coming up next week! I'm sure it will be great!

It is nice having you here on our forum and I think you'll enjoy getting to know some of our members here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome to our group! I may be in Victoria in a few weeks. I have lots of family there (my father is from there and his family is there). Victoria is a great place and I look forward to many more travels there.

All the best in your contest coming up next week! I'm sure it will be great!

It is nice having you here on our forum and I think you'll enjoy getting to know some of our members here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

How nice thanks Robert..

I hope to meet you.. I bet you're super cool in person as you are in your video

I'll probably be heading to Portland in September with the Tour de Organics. Maybe we might ride by your green cave. haha !

Cheers

Tasha

Welcome Tasha!

Sorry to hear about your accident and injuries. It sounds like you are strong and getting better, but I am sure it has been a challenging journey!

If you have not already I suggest that you look into getting some work from a massage therapist! Someone who specializes in Therapeutic massage/injury massage.

This is a great community, have a great time!

Welcome Tasha!

Sorry to hear about your accident and injuries. It sounds like you are strong and getting better, but I am sure it has been a challenging journey!

If you have not already I suggest that you look into getting some work from a massage therapist! Someone who specializes in Therapeutic massage/injury massage.

This is a great community, have a great time!

Yeah it has been a challenge.. but I just hopped over the wave.. My mom thought I was crazy for the day I got out of the hospital. I was down at the Velodrome. Not riding of course. And I wasn't strong enough to set up the riders. Instead I got ring the bell.

Thanks for the info on the massage therapist.. You're absolutely right.. My shoulder is out of linement. I can't bring it down to the ground if it's beside my head. Also hurts to reach for my right shoulder... and bring it around my back.... Thanks for the welcome Lotus

Do you ever ride on the track(or plan on doing so once your ready)??? After I make my temporary move to Portland, Jamie and I will really want to go up there and visit and I'd love to race on the track with Dave Noisy...and maybe you

One of the few Velodromes around is here in Portland! Not sure if you knew that! I just found out!

About massage, it is amazing and with a good body worker, and of course your injuries, your body, your willingness etc., you can gain back a large percentage of your Range of Motion!

Do you ever ride on the track(or plan on doing so once your ready)??? After I make my temporary move to Portland, Jamie and I will really want to go up there and visit and I'd love to race on the track with Dave Noisy...and maybe you

haha! too cool Dave's my friend too.. That's awesome. There's three of us through OA and planing to have a track and trail for fun at the Velodrome near the end of Auguest.. We would love to have you anytime !!! http://gvva.bc.ca/ Hope to see you on the Island.

I'm new trackie. So any of my good habbits are thanks to him..

Awesome...this is gonna be great. I've been wanting to meet him for a while(I've used him as a bit of a track mentor for the past year or so). I don't think I'll be there in Late August though. I'll probably be on my honeymoon then but I hope to head up there maybe 2-3 times in the two months I'm there.

Awesome...this is gonna be great. I've been wanting to meet him for a while(I've used him as a bit of a track mentor for the past year or so). I don't think I'll be there in Late August though. I'll probably be on my honeymoon then but I hope to head up there maybe 2-3 times in the two months I'm there.

Really a mentor? he would really like that if you told him. I'm very lucky to have him as a friend.. He pick my bike, my gear. I gained confendence riding beside his wheel.

It'll be awesome to have another Vegan on the track..

I notice you're on Zaadz as well..

I have 2 Favorite sites! Zaadz and Vegan Bodybuilding fitness.

Robert Rules!!

Thanks

I may get on the track again soon too

I rode at Alpenrose with veganpotter and I'm sure I'll get the confidence to try it again this summer!

Yeah !!!! You should try to come to the track when you're here. How cool is that ridding with theee Robert Cheek hehe! I'm sure I'll gain my confidence back too.. Unless a car dashes out on the track hehe.. But I'm sure it'll be safe.

where about is Alpenrose?