Help me name my massage business

lotus

I am having a hard time coming up with a great name for my massage business. So I thought you all could help me brainstorm!

I do Sweedish, deep tissue, hot stone and more

I want something that jumps out and makes a person want to get a massage from me!

So think think think what should it be?

Well I want to appeal to a wide variety of folks. I mentioned some of the things i will offer and or specialize in. I want ot welcome folks for relaxation, healing, therapy etc. I want the name to be clever if possible but with out being tacky.

There are lots of people using something with hands in it. So i would shy away form that. I thought if using Mariposa (Spanish for Butterfly) but it is taken. I also thought of something with Lotus in it, but it is a little over used. I thought of Body Positive but it is not the right sound.

I sould like to match the name with cool graphics/or a cool symbol. I would like the name to be something I can work with creatively.

Sounds like a big job and a lot to consider....I know.

That is why I am struggling with it.

OK I am going to give it a shot!!!!

I know it is used often but here are 2 with Lotus in them - RelaxingLotus, Lotus In Line Massage, UnbendingLotus,

I say if you want or are willing post your first and last name sometimes they can be used to create good business names?

Maybe RelaxingEffort, nice and easy Lax Massage which could get a good vibe going for it!!! Or Laxus Massage which is indo-euro for loose...

Edited by RawSteve

Pardon me for asking - but what the h*ll is swedish massage???

I'm swedish, I live in sweden and Ive never heard of it. It was pretty popular in Australia and several times I thought about showing up at the places who claimed they had "real" swedish massaage just to bother them with my "what the h*ll is swedish massage" question. The funny thing is - no one had an answer for me. They couldn't tell me what a swedish massage was...

So 'm still wondering.

Will someone please help me in my great ignorance?

I should have an answer for you since I always get a Swedish massage when given a choice, but I don't. I just know it's the one that feels best!

Anyway, I googled it and got a lot of different answers. We like things that sound exotic here in the U.S.

As I was walking into one of my favorite veg. restaurants (Pepper Tree - yum!) I noticed the name of the massage business next door, and thought of this thread.

It was called "Fang's Massage"

Wow, don't call it that. I'm guessing it was someone's name or something? I don't know, it just sounds.. painful.

Pardon me for asking - but what the h*ll is swedish massage???

I'm swedish, I live in sweden and Ive never heard of it. It was pretty popular in Australia and several times I thought about showing up at the places who claimed they had "real" swedish massaage just to bother them with my "what the h*ll is swedish massage" question. The funny thing is - no one had an answer for me. They couldn't tell me what a swedish massage was...

So 'm still wondering.

Will someone please help me in my great ignorance?

Here's an article: http://www.massagemag.com/Magazine/2002/issue100/history100.php

Wow, thanks Michelle for that enlightment!!

Seek -and you shall find.

I guess I will take that swedish massage as a complimant now! Hee hee.

About Fang's Massage... how about Wang massage??

Yes - wang is a common slang used to describe something...er...else! BUT - it's also chinese for king!!!

how about Wang massage??

Yes - wang is a common slang used to describe something...er...else! BUT - it's also chinese for king!!!

How about something like Nirvana Massage, or just Nirvana and with a tag line explaining that it's a relaxing, healing, reinvigorating massage studio.

Kristy's (yogita chiquita) yoga school is called The Sanctuary - that's a pretty cool name for a massage place.

Some other ideas:

Fresh Start Massage Studio.

Revive Massage.

"Ohhh yeah, right there" Massage studio.

Ultimate Massage.

Mutant Alien Massage (ok, I ran out of ideas right before this one).

Wow...I did not realize so much had happened since I last checked this thread. I am glad there is some discussion here as well as thankful for all of the suggestions. There are some I like pretty well, but I have come up with New Moon Massage or New Moon Therapeutic Massage or New Moon Massage Therapy. What do you all like?

If other folks overwhelmingly think one of the other options given are way better then I will certainly consider that. I want to have a name that gets peoples attention.

I will be doing some day spa things like foot soak and scrubs etc., and creating products so I do want something that I can play with...a theme.

I can create Shining Star Body Scrub or Big Dipper foot soak for the New Moon theme... And the New Moon is a time for renewal etc.

So, what do ya all think?

P.S. I graduate in 14 days!......Whoo....hoo.....!!!!!!!....

• 15 years later...

Hi! I honestly do not know how you can call your business in the field of massage, but perhaps the name will do: "Soft Hands". 
I personally would be interested to know what exactly I need to develop a business in this area? What should I buy for the salon, what massage products and so on?

Business development in the field of massage is quite difficult thing, because the competition in this area is very large. And if we talk about this business in a big city, to reach a good level will be quite difficult. In order to establish such a business you will need to rent a room closer to the city center, so you had a lot of customers. It is also worth ordering a lot of accessories for massage, about which you can read more here. It is also worth hiring a steep master of massage, so they have a lot of experience in this work and they did the job perfectly. That's only 5% of what you really need. I hope I've helped you at least a little bit!