Error

robert

Is anyone else getting this error when posting a message:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234

File : emailer.php

----

It still posts, but the error shows up. I never know what's going on with the website, it just does strange things from time to time.

Just curious and if it is an issue, I'll look into getting it resolved.

Sorry..........I know nothing about it. It seems to happen with "replies" but "new" messages seem to go through without error.

At least the messages still post

I may try to address this with hopefully low risk of screwing things up

I actually had a whole 24 hour segment where I couldn't get on at all. It sent me to a billing page for the forum. Very weird.

I'm still getting them, too. I would guess you are missing the emailer.php file altogether since the posts are entering the database OK. Likely this posting file is trying to call emailer.php so it can send replies to the previous posters, but it can't see or find it. Not sure without looking at the phpbb structure, but this is likely your issue. You may need to upload a new copy of that file to make everything right.

Edit: I'm pretty sure this is what is happening because when I edited my post I did not get the message. This error message would not be called on a post edit (and wasn't with me), so that's the first place I'd look.

Thanks for the tips! It's actually me just playing puppet master

Just kidding. I get home tomorrow (Boston has been an amazing time!) and I'll meet up with my website guy soon and we'll see what we can figure out.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Matt....thanks for the info.

Thanks for the tips! It's actually me just playing puppet master

Just kidding. I get home tomorrow (Boston has been an amazing time!) and I'll meet up with my website guy soon and we'll see what we can figure out.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Matt....thanks for the info.

.....YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME YOU WERE IN BOSTON! That's like not even 4 hours of a drive for me.

I was working the entire time (which is why I wasn't online at all for 3 days and just got on a tiny bit the last couple of days during downtimes). I kept it quiet because I knew I'd be busy non-stop and wouldn't have anytime to hang out.

Sorry man, just really busy this week but it has been a great time working here.

I'm sure I'll be back in the coming months. I hope to return out here sometime after the Vegan Vacation.

I leave in the morning to get back to work in Portland. If I come out again and do have downtime I'll contact people for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have another error in the PM part of the forum. I just noticed it today. PMs are still going through but there is a debug error that pops up. We'll look into it.

Edit: I just noticed it is happening when making regular posts too, not just PMs.