Error

robert

Yeah, I know, it's quite confusing and seems like the post was never made.

We'll see what we can do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Like I said, it's not really an inconvenience for me though, I mean I normally just hit home, the posts do make it up, so I'm really not that concerned.

Yeah, we just get too many and it's too much work to deal with them. It is very time consuming to delete each one of them, especially since thousands have piled up over the years.

We're looking into a solution. Any ideas on how to block them from registering in the first place? Keep in mind I'm not a computer guys so use basic terms.

Thanks.

Yeah, we just get too many and it's too much work to deal with them. It is very time consuming to delete each one of them, especially since thousands have piled up over the years.

We're looking into a solution. Any ideas on how to block them from registering in the first place? Keep in mind I'm not a computer guys so use basic terms.

Thanks.

I'll take care of them for you! Seriously, if you make me a mod or whatever I would need to be to be able to delete them, I'll do it. I could start out by deleting everyone on the list with no posts as a way to clear the list and then once that was done I'd just keep an eye out for spammers joining and delete them! If that were my one and only mod duty, I think I could handle it pretty well.

Thanks Liz,

I wish moderators could do it, but they can't delete members. They don't have access to the admin panel, just admin, so it's something I have to do. I'm hoping to be able to prevent spam members from signing up in the first place and then I can deal with the current spam members.

Thanks for offering and I'll be in touch if there are ways you can help out. I really appreciate it.

I hope all is great with you in the UK!

• 4 months later...

I really hope this goes away soon. I feel like punching myself in the head when I get errors with messages.

But please be patient, we are looking into this and hope to have it all sorted out soon. We're also backing up the forum every 24 hours so things should be pretty safe as we look to move some things, go in and do some web-surgery, and try to fix some bugs in the system.

Thanks, and sorry for the errors!