i'm gonna get fast... i hope

asshole shoe companies!

OK so I'm going to do an easy 3k tonight as part of my race tapering. My calf's feeling a lot better. Those cramps are really nasty! I'm so glad I don't really get them anymore.

I realized last night that I'm not consuming calories in accordance with my lifestyle, but I'm not hungry and according to fitday I am fulfilling my nutritional needs. I guess I'll just not be quite as paranoid about having a snack as I used to be.

Food for today:

Breakfast:

One bowl Nature's Path flax plus cereal with rice dream

Tea

Snack:

A whole peanut butter toffee clif bar (I am so addicted to these things!)

Lunch:

Eggless salad in a whole wheat pita

A lot of pineapple

Snack:

Half a smores luna bar

Dinner:

Sauteed kale and broccoli (roughly 3-4 servings total) with soy sauce and garlic on brown rice.

Green smoothie- includes one serving of field greens, vega, soy milk, juice, strawberries, banana, blueberries and raspberries.

Mango sorbet for dessert

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from my 10k race!

My official time was 53:44, and I'm going to guess my chip time is about 10-15 seconds faster than that. I finished 19/41 in my age category, and 53/127 for all women.

I've only been running for three and a half months, and have only ran 10+ k 5-6 times. Yay me!

My food intake has been pretty crappy the past few days, so I'm not going to post it. I'm having trouble getting much in to me.

No exercise the past couple days either. This morning I'm going to do 5k, and I've mapped out a 16k route to attempt tomorrow morning. Then I'm going to my dad's for a few days and when I run there I'll be in the wilderness!

Take two with running shoes... tonight I went somewhere else and bought a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 10s. They're neutral with cushioning, and they're very pretty- silver and purple.

I hope this pair doesn't suck as horribly as the last ones (which I haven't even returned yet because when I went to do so I realized I had lost my debit card so all they could give me was store credit, which I don't want).

Reporting in from the middle of nowhere Ontario...

This morning I did a 5k run, but what was different about it is that it was on back roads that are dirt/gravel, and also that the entire run was rolling hills. I did it in a few seconds over 26 minutes. I plan to do it again tomorrow, or maybe do a little extra. It was nice to breathe clean air.

Yesterday I did the same 5k route, a little slower. My ass kind of hurt from the day before.

Today I am going to test out my new shoes on the elliptical, and do some weights and ab exercises. Hopefully I don't wake up overnight with a calf cramp again.

I like to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. You have to drive to get anywhere!

Tomorrow I want to do a 10k run, so since I can barely get ready for work on time as it is, and it's supposed to rain in the morning, I think I will do it in the early evening. I haven't decided what I will do in the morning, but I want to do something. I'm leading up to an 18k run which I plan to do on Monday, since it's a holiday. I'm going to see if I can do it in my own neighbourhood this time.

Looks like i'll be breaking the mold and doing an afternoon run. Todd's staying after work for a drink, so rather than wait for him to get home and then eat and then run later at night, I'll just go right when I get home since I'm not hungry yet. I do kind of like the idea of getting used to running at any time of day.

Wow was it ever hot out there. I wasn't expecting that since it was cold when I went in to work this morning. I did 10k in about 56 minutes. No records or anything, but I wasn't trying to set one.

Today's food:

Breakfast-

Nature's path flax plus cereal with rice dream

tea

Snack:

Peanut toffee clif bar

Lunch-

two whole wheat pita eggless salad wraps

a bunch of pineapple

Snack-

Small piece of puffed millet chocolate

Dinner-

Broccoli and kale stir fry on brown rice

Strawberry banana pineapple berry vega smoothie (16 ounces)

Mango sorbet

Tomorrow morning I'll do 4k, and take it pretty easy. I've got to start getting my ass in gear in the mornings a bit better so I can make it to work on time. I was so lax all summer. I need to start getting out the door for my run before 7 am.

I think the shoes are keepers! Which is great news, because I really didn't want to spend another $150+ on another pair.

Today is a rest day for me, running-wise, although if I feel like it I might go do some weights. I went for a walk this morning, and it's beautiful out, but now I'm just moping around the house alone.

Tomorrow morning, as early as I can manage, I'm going to do an 18 km run. My 16 km run went so well last week that I'm not as nervous about this one. I have mapped a 9 km route through my neighbourhood and will do it twice.

Food-wise things have been a bit erratic for me the past few days. Last night I went out for dinner and Friday night I went to a raw food potluck. The potluck was good, but one thing that was funny is that when the time came to vote for the two best dishes (dessert and main course) BOTH winners weren't actually raw- one contained Bragg's and one contained maple syrup. Now, I'm not a raw foodist so I don't really care and I ate and enjoyed both, but it amused me that they won best dish at a raw potluck.

Right now I'm sort of swinging back and forth between wanting to eat really really healthy, and craving sweets. For the most part h'm just not eating either way.

So I got about halfway through my run and decided I'd try to do the entire half marathon distance. So I did. It took me 2:09 which isn't too bad for a first try. I hope to cover the distance a couple more times before the actual race before I have to taper.