VBF 30 Day Raw Food Challenge!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have stuck with it, it's been good. I think that after 30 days, it will have affected my diet and the way I think about food - although I probably won't remain 100% raw. I will go back to steamed vegetables and stuff definitely, but I'll be eating more raw fruit in future.

I just registered on the forum yesterday, so I came in too late for the challenge.

I've considered going raw for at least a month in the past, so I'll definitely read about everybody's experiences and hopefully give it a shot in August.

Christopher

I just registered on the forum yesterday, so I came in too late for the challenge.

I've considered going raw for at least a month in the past, so I'll definitely read about everybody's experiences and hopefully give it a shot in August.

Christopher

It's never gonna be too late, just get stuck in!

My wife and I just chatted about it on our evening walk and we're gonna shoot for the raw challenge starting either this Sunday (the 15th), or the following Sunday.

Need to read a bit more before jumping in, but we're looking forward to giving it a try!

Christopher

I've had a bit of stomach problems, some LOOSE STOOLS coming out of my ass. I don't know why that was happening, so I didn't eat anything yesterday evening nor this morning, just had water. Then I just at a couple of bananas and a carrot for lunch, and I think I'm alright, but I will keep you all updated on my crap

That happens...haha

A lot of fiber in the raw diet..

What kind of counter-measures can I formulate? Shall I eat some wood shavings to soak it up?

Actually chimps eat bark, maybe that's why! You're on to something now...

My wife and I just chatted about it on our evening walk and we're gonna shoot for the raw challenge starting either this Sunday (the 15th), or the following Sunday.

Need to read a bit more before jumping in, but we're looking forward to giving it a try!

Christopher

Look up Dr. Doug Graham at www.foodnsport.com I like his raw approach, ie. 80/10/10 and that's what I'm doing. Loving it so far! Ciao

Look up Dr. Doug Graham at www.foodnsport.com I like his raw approach, ie. 80/10/10 and that's what I'm doing. Loving it so far! Ciao

Thanks for the link!

I've been looking at the Thrive Diet, and now Graham's book.

I'm hoping to start the challenge this weekend, but I have a feeling it will be the following weekend before my wife and I are prepared to give it a go.

Christopher

I've been continuing with the raw diet, although I am pretty sick of it now. I am happy with my will-power, and I think I will continue it for the full 30 days just to prove it to myself. I think it will make my food choices much healthier afterwards definitely, because I'll appreciate the healthier things I was eating, and I won't feel like I need any crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Oop, forgot to update. I did the 30 days, and now I am back to my old diet again, been eating steamed vegetables and stuff. Was I the only one to keep it going? I think I did pretty well, with only a few slip ups along the way - although i don't think I'm really cut out for the raw diet because I don't like enough raw fruits and vegetables - I think that for me personally, it's better to eat a variety of steamed vegetables, rather than eating just like bananas, dates and raisins.

Oh well! I think it was a valuable experience, and has given me back some will power, and I've proven to myself that I can control what I eat when I set my mind to it, plus it introduced me to a few new foods.

Well that's great to hear, we can only learn and make progress by stepping out there and trying it...

I never did the 30 day challenge, but I have converted to a high raw diet.

Ultimately I would like to be 100% raw, but I don't see it happening while living in Montana.

The choices are slim up here. I think I would starve in the winter.

What I do eat that is cooked is usually vegetables so that isn't too bad.

Personally, I slipped up during my week with my family in Toronto and caved into temptation. This only strenghtened my resolve to go 100% raw because I felt awful afterwards. I'm really starting to feel the difference physically between raw and cooked-so hopefully my own body will keep my psyche in check in the future. Ciao