Life in California - any thoughts?

Gorilla

ppsshh Im moving to SE Asia.

thats where id like to end up. or in brazil.

tropical, with fresh fruit, and some form of MA

brazil has only one problem: brazilians. lol

heyyy thats harsh.

i know many awesome brazilians. I practice capoeira...thats my main interest for brazil.

I agree with Topher. But I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Hero, you should to join the Peace Corps, man! Simple (almost completely void of consumerism I would imagine), compassionate living, and the chance to live in an exotic location for a couple of years.

heyyy thats harsh.

i know many awesome brazilians. I practice capoeira...thats my main interest for brazil.

i'm sorry for that, i'm a brazilian myself, and i was just makin' a joke.. lol

the weather is great, and so is the culture, diversity is big, but the govt seems to complicate everything, and the whole country is totally overtaxed ( still pretty cheap for people coming from the north hemisphere ) and it's full of corruption...

Brazil is beautiful, it's naturally rich, it could be the wealthiest nation in the world, but it's like a big pipe full of holes..

i'm sorry guys, i'm just an angry brazilian...

-----

Hero, you should to join the Peace Corps, man! Simple (almost completely void of consumerism I would imagine), compassionate living, and the chance to live in an exotic location for a couple of years.

When you keep saying about 'wanting to live in a 3rd world country'. What is stopping you? Do you REALLY want it.. or is it just a pipe dream for just talking about it?

If you really want to be Tarzan / Robinson Crusoe Island thing.. its not as difficult to go there.

A lot of westerners have moved to Asian / Latin American / Medeterrenian / Indian / Australian regions.

PS: Yes, peace corps and a lot of other Non Profit Organizations do a lot of work, pay you decent and let you travel / visit these countries for differen lengths of time for various projects. Research and find what you want.

Let me know and I can ask around.. I know a bunch of people.

heyyy thats harsh.

i'm sorry for that, i'm a brazilian myself, and i was just makin' a joke.. lol

the weather is great, and so is the culture, diversity is big, but the govt seems to complicate everything, and the whole country is totally overtaxed ( still pretty cheap for people coming from the north hemisphere ) and it's full of corruption...

Brazil is beautiful, it's naturally rich, it could be the wealthiest nation in the world, but it's like a big pipe full of holes..

i'm sorry guys, i'm just an angry brazilian...

-----

Welcome to India

BTW - Read this...

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Chomsky/NeoliberalismPOP_Chom.html

How Countries Develop

... In the eighteenth century, the differences between the first and third worlds were far less sharp than they are today. Two obvious questions arise

1. Which countries developed, and which not?

2. Can we identify some operative factors?

>>

http://www.chomsky.info/interviews/20040731.htm

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20070105.htm

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20060315.htm

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20040806.htm

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20040314.htm

thanks for the advice.

actually ive been looking into that already. either the peace corps or similar organizations. volunteering in exotic places working with the environment, animals, and/or humyns would be way awesome.

im gonna do it after life here and playing in hardcore bands either takes a long pause or ends.

When you keep saying about 'wanting to live in a 3rd world country'. What is stopping you? Do you REALLY want it.. or is it just a pipe dream for just talking about it?

If you really want to be Tarzan / Robinson Crusoe Island thing.. its not as difficult to go there.

A lot of westerners have moved to Asian / Latin American / Medeterrenian / Indian / Australian regions.

PS: Yes, peace corps and a lot of other Non Profit Organizations do a lot of work, pay you decent and let you travel / visit these countries for differen lengths of time for various projects. Research and find what you want.

Let me know and I can ask around.. I know a bunch of people.

yes i really want to do this. I have learned to let go of all my dreams and goals. the only thing stopping me from going was being in a relationship. i was worried about trying to find a career or job to create a future for us. and ultimately that led to us breaking up, if not amongst other things.

i was trying to focus on "creating" a life here in the USA when i really want to be possessionless, travel to other countires, and volunteer.

over the next couple of years i want to play music in a hardcore bands here in the USA and get out a message i feel is important. and when that ends, pick up and take me and a bookbag and go voluntter in a NPO. I'm gonna spend my time researching exactly which ones and where im gonna volunteer. and when the whole band thing dies down, go and do this.