Michael Vick - Dog Fighter

robert

I don't know if all of this is accurate or current. I haven't tested the e-mails or confirmed info, but this was e-mailed to me this weekend:

PETITION: MIKE VICK, DOGFIGHTER!!!

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND FORWARD ON !!!

Please take one minute to sign the petition to get Michael Vick out of the NFL for his involvement in dog fighting

http://www.petitiononline.com/mv0011/petition.html

http://www. petitiononline. com/

mv0011/petition. html

(Remove Spaces)

Feel free to crosspost far and wide!!

If you can, please also let the Surry County folks know that you expect Michael Vick (and any others associated with dog fighting) to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Sheriff

Harold D. Brown

P. O. Box 233

Surry, Virginia 23883

Phone # (757) 294-5264

Term Expires: 12/31/2007

email: [email protected] (@ruralam)

surrysheriff@ ruralam. net (Remove Spaces)

Commonwealth's Attorney

Gerald G. Poindexter (Term Expires: 12/31/2007)

P. O. Box 358

Surry, Virginia 23883

Phone # (757) 294-3118

e-mail: [email protected]

gpoindexter@ courts. state. va. us (Remove Spaces)

As you know, other NFL players are now being implicated in dogfighting. Here is information to get in touch with the Falcons as well.

Mailing Address:

Atlanta Falcons

4400 Falcon Parkway

Flowery Branch, GA 30542

Phone Number:

770-965-3115

Website Address:

www. atlantafalcons. com (Remove Spaces)

Email Address:

Contact us with any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns at [email protected]

feedback@ fans. atlantafalcons. com (Remove Spaces)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd chime in about this. I haven't heard any new info on the subject for awhile now. I get really angry at people defending his actions because "it's how he was brought up" or saying he's a target because of his name. So many people are saying, "They're his dogs; it's his property." I get so disheartened by the lack of mainstream outrage.

Yeah and I can't believe his defense. I know he's rich and probably has homes he spends more time at but those dogs had to be there for a long time and its highly unlikely that he didn't know about it. Also there are credible undercover fighters who have seen him at dog fights gambling.

One would think that if mainstream America would get outraged about any sort of animal abuse, it would be that against "man's best friend," right? Most people I know who eat cows and pigs get really mad about those who eat dogs.

The property he purchased was probably bought primarily for the purpose of dog fighting. The practice has moved out of urban areas because of the crack down. It's a lot easier to hide an operation like that in a rural area.

One would think that if mainstream America would get outraged about any sort of animal abuse, it would be that against "man's best friend," right? Most people I know who eat cows and pigs get really mad about those who eat dogs.

The property he purchased was probably bought primarily for the purpose of dog fighting. The practice has moved out of urban areas because of the crack down. It's a lot easier to hide an operation like that in a rural area.

Most people have no idea how bad dog fighting is out in the country. While riding my bike I've seen two pits walking rural streets with really heavy chains around their necks. They were very very emaciated and it appeared they were being used for practice. I've also witnessed fights in Philly for the SPCA so I could point out betters in a line up and there were all sorts of people there.

Most of the people at the fights that I've been to are part of the sport bike crowd as well. However I did see a few white men in suits(no idea what they did for a living though) down to kids that were barely teenagers. All of them had significant amounts of cash. The only thing lacking was women. I've only seen a few women involved.

Most of them got slaps in wrist with community service. Some of the fighters got 2 years but most were first time offenders and got 6 months but will be let out in half that time. The laws are simply too lenient for these things even though its a felony.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit surprised that I have seen a spike in interest and concern about dog fighting because of this case. Maybe the brief exposure to the problem will do some good. I was particularly fond of Jon Stewart's reaction...he said Vick should be bathed in liver and let loose among the fighting dogs to see if he was as quick as everyone says...it's not very vegan, maybe we can bath him in something that doesn't come from an animal, maybe the livers of fellow dog fighters!

I am a bit concerned about these kind of cases...when I lived in Texas, the only animal abuse cases were filed against minoroties, mostly blacks and Mexicans. Mean while the white folks enjoyed their rodeos, hunts and profits from the cattle industry. No doubt it was still abuse, but the good ol' boys in law enforcement only pursued cases against minoroties.

Please, don't get me wrong, I hope Vick gets the full force of the law, but I suspect it will be for the wrong reasons...

Thing is...those cruel things done to cattle and things are virtually legal. Whites do get in trouble for cock fighting though. Actually in states in the Mid Atlantic Latinos have gotten in trouble for cock fighting then have gotten off because they claimed they were being profiled while whites normally don't get off the hook. Its a weird double standard that exists in one type of fighting and not the other. One thing that may be different in Texas as well is the level of punishment. In some states dog fighting isn't a felony...and in some states all animal abuse is just a misdemeanor. I know when I was in Philadelphia some kid beat the crap out of a pit bull puppy with a bat in a Laundry Mat. Luckily there was video of it but it wasn't a felony. He got a slap in the wrist because one side was saying he was just a kid(16 I think) and didn't know better and the other side said if he were white he wouldn't have gotten in trouble at all which of course isn't the case either.

I've never understood the whole betting thing. Why don't they just bet on humans running or how the weather will be in 3 days? Does it matter what you bet on?

I enjoy some betting a few times per year. I did a some in Vegas, which was fun, and I bet like $20 a few times per year on betting sites doing Keno and dumb stuff like that. I like the thrill of betting every now and then but I get that thrill just as good betting on red in roulette that I would in any other stupid game like cock fighting or pocket ping-pong.

Dog fighting just seem stupid beyond recognition?!

I think some of these people that make tons of money that still dog fight don't really care that much about the money. They really like to see animals fight to the death. Mike Vick makes so much money that he wouldn't drive down the street to get $50,000 when he can sleep and make just as much from Nike. He likes the fighting and thats it. He's just holding onto something he took part in when he was younger.

Dog fighting is a felony in all states but 2, Wyoming is one, and I forget the other.

As I stated before, it is unfortunate that the only instances prosecuted tend to be minorities... if you have any instances of white people being charged with dog /cock fighting please give me names and dates, I'm sure there's a few, but unfortunately those laws are usually used against minorities.

I have owned pitbulls and have several books about them and their history, and everyone ghas the same info on dog fighting...they tell of the lost days when it was a "gentleman's sport" and show pictures and drawings of white men with handle bar mustaches, looking like members of a barber shop quartet, then they discuss how the sport has been taken over by "thugs" and show pictures and illustrations of black "gansters." Its all BS...its cruel no matter what, but there is a very strong element of racism involved in the decision of who gets prosecuted. Bottom line, law enforcement tends not to give a fuck unless they can take "thugs" off the street. When I lived in Texas some people advertised fighting roosters for sale in the newspaper...even though its against the law! When I reported it, noone knew who had jurisdiction over the crime. Eventually I got hold of a special crimes agent who said he'd pursue the case.

Also in Texas, it was quite common for people to shoot stray dogs...VERY COMMON...but the only case ever tried was when a young black man stabbed a dog...that made city news for weeks! Yea, I guess the idea that law enforcement is racist...especially in the South is pretty preposterous!

Before anyone misunderstands my point...if law enforcement would pursue these crimes with equal vigor we would see a dramatic change, but they don't. From my understanding, most dog fighting rings are busted in relation to drug trafficking...I believe that's what happened in Vick's case...also they tend not to go after the "gentleman" dog fighters, which is read as "white"...Instead they go after the dogs and enact breed specific laws...banning pitbulls...so the dog fighters just use Rotts or some other breed. Sadly it is the dogs that are often punished...I was very pleased to hear Jon Stewart defend the pitbulls while chastizing Vick. Anyways...I'm glad Vick was busted, I just wish they would really make a serious attempt to end the blood sport and not just make a big deal of it when its a famous, wealthy black man involved.

I'm sorry I can't name cock fighters and dog fighters...I don't collect cock fighter cards or anything like that but I've kept an eye on cases in the past and as a PSPCA employee I have been called on with other workers to clear homes after they have been raided by police(pit breeders, and puppy mills as well). I have also worked with police and have attended dog fights in Philly with many white people attending. Most of which got the same measly slap on the wrist as the black fighters/gamblers. Some of them would get 1 year if they have had an offense of any kind but most...white and black would get community service or simply a fine if they were just gambling(most are just gambling and most of the fight dogs were owned by only a few people). Also when I was in Philly animal cruelty was not a felony...dog fighting was but animal cruelty wasn't and unfortunately in some places chickens don't even fall under animal cruelty laws since they are not legally animals in all states.

Hawaii is a great example of a minority being left alone(however everyone leaves this issue alone anyhow). Hawaiians are a minority(even in Hawaii) and are never prosecuted in cock fighting cases but if you ever go there you can simply drive and find people that have obvious fighting cocks. People have cock fighting stickers on cars, cock fighting clothes and the police do nothing. It reminds me of the Philippines where cock fighting is legal and nothing can be done about it. Anyhow I've reported people in Hawaii before and the police say you need to see them fighting the cocks. Its not exactly easy to do that. However in Philadelphia and New Jersey a simple inquiry will result in a nearly immediate investigation.

Yes, potter, you've already expressed your contempt for certain ethnic groups (Hawaiians) and as I said, racism plays a major role in deciding who gets prosecuted...and as I said before, as a whole law enforcement ignores the issue, but when they do decide to execute the full power of the law it is usually against a minority AND usually in association with other charges. Thats what happened with Vick, his cousin got in trouble on drug charges and they stumbled across the dog fighting.

By the way...your contempt towards Hawaiians is ing...its very convenient that you can tie it to their animal abuse...I'm glad you don't live in Texas...you'd probably find it pretty convenient to hate Mexicans...

(If others are unaware...potter believes Hawaiians are filthy and lazy(see Martial Arts and Nationalism post)...according to him they are the only polluters in Hawaii...nice...I grew up calling that racist...

I have also worked with police and have attended dog fights in Philly with many white people attending. Most of which got the same measly slap on the wrist as the black fighters/gamblers. Some of them would get 1 year if they have had an offense of any kind but most...white and black would get community service or simply a fine if they were just gambling(most are just gambling and most of the fight dogs were owned by only a few people). .

Well, potter...seems like you may be a bit of a liar...I was curious how non-law enforcement people would be allowed to participate in undercover investigations, so I called the PSPCA [(215) 426-6300 and spoke with an agent...she told me absolutely not! Only law enforcement can participate, of which the PSPCA only has 4 agents. So were you law enforcement or do you just make stuff up? (Like the shit you just made up about the Hawaiian sovereignty movement and the Filipino's love of Americans? The US state Dept. seems to disagree with much of what you stated...are you also undercover state dept?

You're done, son! Don't expect to just make shit up and get away with it...that kills credibility...and when you do it...it weakens the movement...truth is more powerful than lies...

For the record...Vick will probably get a slap on the wrist...not because he's black, but cuz he's rich...class often trumps race....did someone say OJ?

I think you don't know what your saying. I did this three years ago and actually quite a few of us did this. It wasn't something I did on a daily basis or anything. It was a few select instances that I wasn't supposed to mention before and figured I'm not doing anymore and I won't be doing it again in Philly so it shouldn't be a big deal. I don't recognize that number either so it was likely a different department.

I think you don't know what your saying. I did this three years ago and actually quite a few of us did this. It wasn't something I did on a daily basis or anything. It was a few select instances that I wasn't supposed to mention before and figured I'm not doing anymore and I won't be doing it again in Philly so it shouldn't be a big deal. I don't recognize that number either so it was likely a different department.

Actually I called the PSPCA...I posted the number in case there was any question...I'll do it again..(215) 426-6300...I asked if they did undercover dog fighting investigations and was forwarded to a supervisor, who introduced herself as a law enforcement agent with the PSPCA...I asked again and then asked if they ever use non-law enforcement people...she said they absolutely NEVER use non-law enforcement people in their investigations...due to their ignorance of procedure and such...she then asked who was claiming they did and said perhaps it was someone trying to seem more important than they were...her words not mine...she then said there were only 4 agents who were authorized for undercover type operations...perhaps you can call her and tell her she is wrong...

I would have given you the benefit of the doubt...maybe you were deputized or something, but the agent I spoke with said NO WAY! Maybe it was so top secret even she didn't know...not likely though...As far as the department...it was the department in charge of dog fighting investigations...they were very helpful in sending me straight to the source...I even heard her call out to one of the agents and ask if there were any other agents she didn't know about, I think she called him Wayne...I heard him say it was only them...(I hope I didn't break his cover just now)...

Did I mention I work top secret undercover for NASA? There really are martians...but if you call NASA they'll deny it...so I know what you mean potter...they just didn't want to break your cover! Thats more ridiculous than your racist view of Hawaiians...and I suspect other ethnic groups...

Go to Hawaii and see how many people have only male chickens. Its quite obvious. The same goes for the Philippines...although its legal there(no excuse). By the way you can as the PSPCA about me. I've used them as a reference for job applications and nobody there even remembers me working there. However I worked there 35hrs a week for about 18 months. As for working...the didn't even have a police force before. When I worked there the shelter had a much different role since there was no publicly run shelter in the city. Only private shelters. Things changed while I was leaving...the city was building their facilities when I left.