Agave Nectar

I'm sorry but most omnivores will recognize that a bee is an animal even if they don't think its an important one. Honey is an animal byproduct the same way milk is. If an omni recognizes it than a "vegan" should as well. I won't keep this to myself the same way because its no different than people saying they are vegetarian and eat fish.

I'm sorry but most omnivores will recognize that a bee is an animal even if they don't think its an important one. Honey is an animal byproduct the same way milk is. If an omni recognizes it than a "vegan" should as well. I won't keep this to myself the same way because its no different than people saying they are vegetarian and eat fish.

The only reason SOME vegans, not all, believe honey is an animal byproduct is because it's a byproduct humans use for food. If bees didn't produce honey naturally, then no one would be calling bees animals. Most of my friends who are omnivores recognize that bees are insects and that honey is a insect byproduct. I don't know about the omnivores you know though.

Neverthless, most omnivores are uneducated about health, in general, and recognize that cooked steak is healthy too. I really don't base my opnion on what mutes to health or anyone else thinks. People can obscure the fact with all the words they want, but the fact is a bee is an insect and honey is a insect byproduct.

You are crazy...people still consider cows animals and they produce by products for food. People that eat animals consider bees animals. Insects are animals plain and simple.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/animal

The third definition is the only one that follows what you think but its stupid because it says fish and birds are not animals either and even you know that.

Insect byproduct and animal byproduct as the same thing(since most scientist and people consider insects part of the animal kindom)...its like the War On Terror and the new term the War On Extremism.

Well, ultimately, any member of the kingdom Animalia is going to be classified as a "animal." Everyone knows that. But, the correct definition is insect, not animal. No one walks around calling a spider an animal. They call them insects. There are two main reasons people

become vegans:

1 Animal rights

2 Health

Almost no vegan cares about "insect" rights. You do not see vegans walking around saying "save the spiders." If you do see that, then they are simply crazy and are mentally exhausted. Your definition of what a vegan should be makes no sense: A person can't consume honey that they buy, but they can go out and eat insects and get honey themselves because the poor bees today are "slaves". Bee farmers aren't killing our bees today. Telephone and radio station towers are killing them.

You are crazy...people still consider cows animals and they produce by products for food. People that eat animals consider bees animals. Insects are animals plain and simple.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/animal

The third definition is the only one that follows what you think but its stupid because it says fish and birds are not animals either and even you know that.

Insect byproduct and animal byproduct as the same thing(since most scientist and people consider insects part of the animal kindom)...its like the War On Terror and the new term the War On Extremism.

An ingenious friend of mine found that Wikipedia says "Insects have the greatest diversity of animals on Earth".

Then there is this

in·sect (ĭn'sěkt') Pronunciation Key n.

1. Any of numerous usually small arthropod animals of the class Insecta, having an adult stage characterized by three pairs of legs and a body segmented into head, thorax, and abdomen and usually having two pairs of wings. Insects include the flies, crickets, mosquitoes, beetles, butterflies, and bees.

2. Any of various similar arthropod animals, such as spiders, centipedes, or ticks. See Regional Note at lightning bug.

Well, ultimately, any member of the kingdom Animalia is going to be classified as a "animal." Everyone knows that. But, the correct definition is insect, not animal. No one walks around calling a spider an animal. They call them insects.

I hardly classify anything as an "animal". Defining something as an "animal" isn't correct. Bees and flies are insects, pigeons and chickens are birds, humans, goats, cows are mammals.

So you are the "real" person that classifies earthly species. Not the moron who designed the system of naming all the species on earth.

Anyway we all know humans are animals and until modern times you'd be shunned for calling humans animals.

Once again, any member of the kingdom Animalia is an animal. But they are classifed as insects.

Your definiton of a vegan is blan to the ears and makes no sense. If you believe there is no problem with eating insects, then you have now right telling me that I am not a vegan because I choose to eat honey.

An ingenious friend of mine found that Wikipedia says "Insects have the greatest diversity of animals on Earth".

Then there is this

in·sect (ĭn'sěkt') Pronunciation Key n.

1. Any of numerous usually small arthropod animals of the class Insecta, having an adult stage characterized by three pairs of legs and a body segmented into head, thorax, and abdomen and usually having two pairs of wings. Insects include the flies, crickets, mosquitoes, beetles, butterflies, and bees.

2. Any of various similar arthropod animals, such as spiders, centipedes, or ticks. See Regional Note at lightning bug.

I have no problem with people eating insects but they aren't vegan if they eat insects. And you just made anything you said previously into a redundant comment by saying any member of the kingdom Animalia is an animal. Yes they are classified as insects but they are animals first. Just as I am an animal before I'm a human. Would you ever tell a person who eats a burger they weren't vegetarian because they ate a burger??? Even if they claimed to be so. Vegan means ridding all animal products out of your life that you possibly can. Honey is not a staple unless you are a bee.

No. Not at all. There is a HUGE differnce. Millions of bees aren't dying on the small farm where I get my honey from. Cows, on the other hand, are abused, die, and spread disease because of this.

Earlier, you said that consuming honey would not make me vegan or vegeterian.

A vegetarian is someone who only cuts out animal meats and sometimes dairy and eggs, but the correct definition of a vegetarian would not of fit well with what you said, since honey is a byproduct, not meat.

I have no problem with people eating insects but they aren't vegan if they eat insects. And you just made anything you said previously into a redundant comment by saying any member of the kingdom Animalia is an animal. Yes they are classified as insects but they are animals first. Just as I am an animal before I'm a human. Would you ever tell a person who eats a burger they weren't vegetarian because they ate a burger??? Even if they claimed to be so. Vegan means ridding all animal products out of your life that you possibly can. Honey is not a staple unless you are a bee.

No. Not at all. There is a HUGE differnce. Millions of bees aren't dying on the small farm where I get my honey from. Cows, on the other hand, are abused, die, and spread disease because of this.

Earlier, you said that consuming honey would not make me vegan or vegeterian.

A vegetarian is someone who only cuts out animal meats and sometimes dairy and eggs, but the correct definition of a vegetarian would not of fit well with what you said, since honey is a byproduct, not meat.

Saying that honey comes at a marginally small price to the enviornment doesn't change what you said earlier about it being vegan. I'm locking this topic now, this has gone way too far off topic.