Flu recovery diet?

Ok so I have flu and it's hitting my body HARD! I feel as if I was hit by a truck!

Ways to treat your cold/flu symptoms

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/infections/cold-flu/073.html

* Stay home and rest, especially while you have a fever.

* Stop smoking and avoid secondhand smoke, which can make cold symptoms worse.

* Drink plenty of fluids like water, fruit juices and clear soups. Fluids help loosen mucus. Fluids are also important if you have a fever because fever can dry up your body's fluids, which can lead to dehydration.

* Don't drink alcohol.

* Gargle with warm salt water a few times a day to relieve a sore throat. Throat sprays or lozenges may also help relieve the pain.

* Use saline (salt water) nose drops to help loosen mucus and moisten the tender skin in your nose.

Anyway my question is that I have a huge bag of oranges in the kitchen. Is it truly ok to eat them?Specially when as part of flu you get severe sore throat? Just wanted to check before I tuck into them

I am drinking lot of soups/tea with crushed ginger inside. Any other things you guys can recommend? I think bottom line is that a flu has to run it's course and cannot be cured early. I was just wondering if the oranges would ease the pressure