Sicko

offense74

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Sicko this weekend and loved it. I've never been happier to have universal health care. I had no idea it was so bad in the Unites States. It'll be interesting to see if the Canadian health care system eventually collapses under the weight of the aging baby-boomers...

Good movie though, everyone should watch it.

I haven't seen it yet, but I will soon. It is very bad in the United States and there are nearly 50 million people that suffer big time when it comes to needing any kind of medical attention, be it from an accident, or poor eye sight or anything like that.

Not OK USA.

Watched Sicko this weekend and loved it. I've never been happier to have universal health care. I had no idea it was so bad in the Unites States. It'll be interesting to see if the Canadian health care system eventually collapses under the weight of the aging baby-boomers...

Good movie though, everyone should watch it.

Have you noticed that the government here in Canada is doing more promotion of veg nutrition. I wonder if it's in reaction to the aging baby-boomers and the soaring costs of healthcare. Nonetheless, healthcare here is still not that great, even if it is universal.

It is not healthcare it is sickcare and quite inadequate at that. We still don't do enough to promote prevention and good health.

Have you noticed that the government here in Canada is doing more promotion of veg nutrition. I wonder if it's in reaction to the aging baby-boomers and the soaring costs of healthcare. Nonetheless, healthcare here is still not that great, even if it is universal.

It is not healthcare it is sickcare and quite inadequate at that. We still don't do enough to promote prevention and good health.

The Canada food guide was certainly a big step forward from recent years. They're going to have to step up their promotion of prevention big time soon. It would be nice if healthy peeps got tax breaks, that would rock.

Sure, our system isn't perfect, but if I walk out my front door and get hit by a bus I'll get looked after right away no questions asked and afterwards I won't have to dedicate the entire rest of my life to pay for it. It's an easy thing to take for granted until you see a movie like this.

The Canada food guide was certainly a big step forward from recent years. They're going to have to step up their promotion of prevention big time soon. It would be nice if healthy peeps got tax breaks, that would rock.

Sure, our system isn't perfect, but if I walk out my front door and get hit by a bus I'll get looked after right away no questions asked and afterwards I won't have to dedicate the entire rest of my life to pay for it. It's an easy thing to take for granted until you see a movie like this.

I used to think the same thing until a dear friend was in a head to head car collision a few months back. The hospital made her sicker with infections that were rampant in the hospital. She was already in for a long haul to recovery, which has now been made worse because of the infections. One of the worst things about the "care" she received was that her loved ones weren't allowed to be close to her. If there's ever a time to be near the people you care for it is during a huge trauma like that.

And, we do spend our whole life paying for the system-we're one of the most taxed nations on the planet. So even if I think it's better than the US, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Tax perks to people who take care of their health seems like a good idea to me. It should be studied more.

I used to think the same thing until a dear friend was in a head to head car collision a few months back. The hospital made her sicker with infections that were rampant in the hospital. She was already in for a long haul to recovery, which has now been made worse because of the infections. One of the worst things about the "care" she received was that her loved ones weren't allowed to be close to her. If there's ever a time to be near the people you care for it is during a huge trauma like that.

And, we do spend our whole life paying for the system-we're one of the most taxed nations on the planet. So even if I think it's better than the US, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Tax perks to people who take care of their health seems like a good idea to me. It should be studied more.

For every horror story someone has there is another with a story of success. At least we both agree that there is room for improvement in our system.

I saw sicko at the movies today...I hate HMOs and think that healthcare would be much better without them. Though the politicians taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from pharma lobbyists do not help at all either. Anyways if walmart, along with hillary clinton (who was one of the top pharma lobby recipients) are pushing for nationalized healthcare maybe its time americans really decide what they want. We do like to get more but dont usually enjoy paying for it.

Part of it isn't even paying for it since the govt. could pay for it but they'd be paying the private sector crazy amounts of money. Maybe the whole medical system needs to be made public to force down prices.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw sicko opening week in Portland (I am a big Michael Moore fan!)

I like the conversation that it started so far in this forum!

I however love America, I just hate the people in charge!

If you hate America leave... Sicko did make France seem very appealing though...

Best Michael M. doc yet in my opinion!

-Co