Tour De France

For sure I'm very excited about it this year...more than ever. I'm hoping Leipheimer can make something happen. But I'm pulling for Zebriskie as my long shot.

I'm pretty sure Julich is still racing for CSC. As for being more excited I think the fact that I didn't have a TV last year or regular internet access really got me riled up. Those little 2minute things on youtube for the daily stages got me so excited but I hated the fact that they only covered the breaks and finish. While for Lance's last TDF win I watched every stage live...that was also right before I started cycling. So this is my chance to watch most of it as a cyclist for once.

I'd like to see Vino up there too...but I think he has to be conservative to win and I don't know if he's willing to do that. Which is also why I like him so much.

I'd like to see Vino up there too...but I think he has to be conservative to win and I don't know if he's willing to do that. Which is also why I like him so much.
Agreed. He's probably the best guy to watch for the Tour in terms of entertainment.

I'm actually not watching Dave actually doesn't have a TV so we've just been looking at updates and videos. I'm hoping to get back ontop of things in Portland.

Yup I rode with him last week. I just got back early Wednesday and it was incredible. Check out my blog for my results. I had a great day on Thursday...not so good and Saturday and a better day on Monday.

Bad luck for Vino...if the crash happened 20-30 miles earlier he would have easily made his way back up with a bit of help. Too bad for him.

Maybe. I heard he was totally stalled on that final climb because there was the whole car/motorbike caravan and he basically had no chance after the last 25K started. Oh well. This will make for an interesting Tour in any case.

For sure. I think we'll have an idea of the possible/likely winners in a few days though. Right now it can be anyone since most of the big names at the top aren't really contenders(with a few exceptions). Normally someone is up there. Well I guess George is there but I don't know how things will work with that if they want to get Levi on the podium. I wish they'd just focus on George. Anyway of course lots of big names are gonna move up once they hit the mountains but I'm thinking a nobody or two may finish in the top 10 overall in the end.

Man the Tour De France was a complete mess today. Pretty insane. Any of you cycling fans think Rasmussen can keep the yellow??? I think he can if he pulls what he did two years ago when he won a stage by 8 minutes. If he can do that he may be able to swing the tour win. Otherwise he'll lose it to a team that takes an early break on the flats.

Rasmussen kicked some major butt today. He was pretty far back in the Polka Dot standings(8th I think) and moved up to third. Of course he was likely going to win that anyhow but now he also had the yellow. He went out with a small group and it slowly dwindled into two people then he left the other guy in the dust. The T-Mobile rider that won the day before and wore yellow had a pretty good day too but not enough to hold onto the yellow so its all Rasmussen for now. Anyhow the front group had Michael Rogers in it...he and Aroyo wrecked. Both got up but Rogers couldn't finish the stage. So that was a major upset. Leipheimer moved up too. So he's a bit closer than he was and may seem to be in contention if he can steal a few minutes in the Alps but we'll see. He was actually in quite a bit of trouble there. He lost his chain and it destroyed he rear derailleur without teammates near him to help so he had to chase all the way through riders dropped from the pelaton. Personally I think the team wants him to be the leader but they weren't staying back for them because Contador is actually looking better than Levi. I'm thinking if Contador is more than 2 minutes ahead of Levi by the Alps...they may change strategy and work on getting him in yellow. Back to Levi...he hasn't shown much strength other than today but hopefully that'll change. After all...if it weren't for his incident today...he may only be 1 minute behind instead of a little less than 4. As for Rasmussen's chances...he'll need at least 6 minutes for the GC above the good climbers that can time trial considering there are two fairly long time trails left. And we all know how bad he is at those.

Damn disappointing. Everyone was just clunking up the mountains. Must be the lack of doping products on this year's Tour. Sad for Levi.

Rasmussen was awesome. He keeps going for the polka dot jersey (or so he says), but I want him to win the other mountain finishes and make it a race. All comes down to the TT and the mountains. Levi is a good TTist so hopefully he'll make some time back up, but versus Vino and Kloden he won't match.

Moreau was fun to watch. I'm glad he's making it a race at 35 years old. He never seems to peak right at the Tour.

Exciting. Too bad today is a day off.

Moreau is making good show but I'm also afraid his speaking against doping is his way of getting people to not bug him about doing it. Maybe not but it seems doubtful that these guys have stopped. They may just be taking smaller portions or taking less effective drugs. Anyhow I'm expecting Levi to close things up a bit but not unless he gets his act together and beats Rasmussen in a few stages. If Rasmussen recovers well and can finish less than 1 minute behind in every mountain stage but wins a few in the mean time he may be untouchable unless of course he pulls a TT surprise like last time. I'm expecting him to take some of the stages easy and not win them all in the mountains but save for some of the hardest climbs where he'll demolish everyone else. Unfortunately for him...once on the flats his team can really get blown away if Discovery, CSC, and T-Mobile decide to go off in a break early in a stage.