Tour De France

I watched someone crash. it was scary.

I watched part of tour de france here and there. it seems really cool. I am not big on competitions at all. But the amount of distance they are going seems like so much fun!

Oddly enough its the slow crashes where people get hurt the most. Fast wrecks normally result in some bloodshed but most of the broken bones come at speeds under 15mph.

Anyhow it looks like Rasmussen has a better shot than I thought. I figured he'd lose at least 4 minutes but he didn't. Sure it took a bit of luck thanks to the weather and a few mishaps by contenders but he did very well. I really think that if he can manage to gain 2:30-3:00 in the mountains this may be his. And we all know he can take 5 minutes or more on any given climbing stage if he decides to do so. He can definitely do that for sure but that doesn't mean he will. If he never lets a GC competitor ahead of him in all the mountain stages and rests for one great day to demolish the field this can be his. I'm thinking he should wait for the longest day of climbing and give it to the field. Or maybe take it out on the first day. I don't think many of them will do as well as Rasmussen day in and day out if he makes them work from day one. However if I were him I'd really try to beat the competitors in the second to last mountain stage...and on the last stage just keep an eye on the competitors and don't lose any time. This way some of riders like Vino may try to make a break on the last day of climbing and wear themselves out for the final Time Trial. I think Vino is the only thing stopping him. Maybe being injured and not attacking makes Vino more fresh than everyone else. We'll have to wait to see what unfolds.

Pure crazyness. Vino was one of the people that I figured would at least be clean during the race. I thought he was a class act in terms of cycling. The way he rides makes him seem to stubborn to dope during a race. But its all over for him and he's out. Its gonna be years before a purely clean rider will ever be on the podium. Clean means never taking anything since a lot of these guys used drugs just to get there...so just because you may be clean on the tour chances are you weren't clean to get there...which means you shouldn't be there. Kinda like Lance. He refuses to comment about taking drugs before but only says he's clean now. That said...he may have never been more than a domestique.

The tour is going insane. Contador's got it more than likely but if he has a bad day and Levi does well who knows what can happen. A flat tire or a little accident can really mix things up. Worst come to worst though I think Levi will wind up in second. Too bad the people that are going to win probably are just a dirty as everyone else. Kinda like the mess of a protest where one of the protesters was caught doping...just insane. What kind of crap is this. Then there is Millar...he just got off a two year suspension but is better now than when he was dirty....now he's one of the most outspoken tour riders but it doesn't make sense. I don't think a steriod free comback by Ronnie Coleman would work by any means.

I'll enjoy it no matte what. Of course they are all dirty but what they do is still impressive. Its like watching somewhat bench 1000lbs. You can't get tired of it because its so impressive regardless.