Get well soon SeaSiren!

robert

Thank-you Robert and everyone for your kind words and positive thoughts. They must have worked, as I must say I have never been so scared in my life.

I am home now against Doctors wishes. I hate hospitals so checked my self out. And will be resting until the remaining test results come back. As of now it seems I have suffered a mild stroke. I still have some co-ordination issues and weakness on the left side, but still have all muscle control (thank God).

About noon yesterday after my cardio session I became very weak and tired. So went down to sleep and it cycled on and off, never able to sleep. I had times of feel just fine (and posted on the boards). Then as the afternoon progressed so did it. nausia, my left leg began to go numb, then my arm then my face and I couldn't swallow and was very confused. By the time my guests got back from the beach I was pretty bad off, was put on oxygen and rushed to the hospital, by arms and legs went into convultions on the ride there and I had no motor use of my hands of left leg. For anyone who knows my sisters history (massive stroke over a year ago) I had visions of all that happening and could only think about my children and me dying or worse becoming a burden to them.

Once in the hospital it subsided a bit, but I had 3 more episodes before all was finally over. I've now had countless tests, the CAT shows what they think is signs of a minor stroke, but we are awaiting the results of the MRI and EKG. All my blood work, etc came back normal. BP was up but is back to normal again.

Was climbing the walls there and was fine all day today. So since I don't have insurance and I am already into the thousands by now. I signed myself out agains Dr's orders. But am glad to be home.

I will stay resting for the next several days (no training).

Thanks again everyone, please keep the positive thoughts coming......I think they are working wonders.

God Bless,

Denise

Hey SeaSiren,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. That must have been pretty scary. Thank you for phoning me last night and for letting me know. Please rest and be well.

It sucks that we don't have health care in this country to help with things like this. I too can't go to hospitals because I don't have health insurance. I simply can't afford it.

Be well, be safe, rest up and I hope all is well soon.

Thanks for the update.

Thank goodness you still have all of your motor skills. Too bad about the insurance though. I'm in the same boat as the two of you.

Wow... that is really intense. I hope you are o.k. and continue to get better. It is very unfortunate that you do not have any Insurance, we don't at this point either, that scares me. I think you can apply through the hospital for a grant or something, if you are low income / have no insurance. It is worth looking into, but I think it is something you have to do before too much time passes.

We will think good thoughts for you. I would also suggest that you try meditation, it can be very powerful.

By the way, how old are your kids?

Thank god you made a full recovery (as it appears you have). I am so sorry that you are uninsured. I've been there myself and had to sign out of a hospital "against medical advice." Two days set me back thousands and this was over a decade ago. I don't know the details of your sister's stroke but if this is a familial trait then I truly hope yours will only be transient. Good luck and be well.