Mixing Yoga and Weight Training

I've recently started a weight training routine and am mixing it in with my regular vinyasa yoga practice. One of the things I'm concerned about is that on my Yoga days I'm not really resting some of the key muscles I'm working on my weight training days. Anyone have experience with this and have thoughts/opinions/etc?

Do you practice on your own? Sometimes I can not mix vinyasa classes with teachers with my weight training. If I have a class that is alot of standing forward bends with alot of warriors (albeit leg lunges), then I can't do legs that day and give it my all with the weights. Same thing with arm balances and alot of chaturangas, then shoulders and arms are out (chest not so much cause my chest can handle more weight).

So I like to practice on my own now, though I have to put alot of thought into my poses now, instead of a set routine like Ashtanga or Bikram, that works all the major muscle groups equally.

Also, you will have to accommedate for the increase in muscle mass in some of the poses. My thighs (and calves) have gotten to big for the knee to stetch to the limit of some of the poses (although I started out a weight lifter that went into yoga, so maybe I need to keep stetching, although it has been years of yoga now). I just make use of the blocks/blankets when I have to (like in the Hero pose, my pelvic girdle is still not touching the ground, no matter how much I smooth out my calves on the way down!).

My priority is also weight lifting. I use the yoga to keep flexible and keep alignment of my body when lifting the weights (Anusara yoga taught me alot about alignment. I hear Iyengar does the same thing). So my point of view/opinion will be different than yours coming from yoga to weight lifting. Still, my experience may shed some light on your question.

Do you practice on your own? Sometimes I can not mix vinyasa classes with teachers with my weight training. If I have a class that is alot of standing forward bends with alot of warriors (albeit leg lunges), then I can't do legs that day and give it my all with the weights. Same thing with arm balances and alot of chaturangas, then shoulders and arms are out (chest not so much cause my chest can handle more weight).

So I like to practice on my own now, though I have to put alot of thought into my poses now, instead of a set routine like Ashtanga or Bikram, that works all the major muscle groups equally.

Also, you will have to accommedate for the increase in muscle mass in some of the poses. My thighs (and calves) have gotten to big for the knee to stetch to the limit of some of the poses (although I started out a weight lifter that went into yoga, so maybe I need to keep stetching, although it has been years of yoga now). I just make use of the blocks/blankets when I have to (like in the Hero pose, my pelvic girdle is still not touching the ground, no matter how much I smooth out my calves on the way down!).

My priority is also weight lifting. I use the yoga to keep flexible and keep alignment of my body when lifting the weights (Anusara yoga taught me alot about alignment. I hear Iyengar does the same thing). So my point of view/opinion will be different than yours coming from yoga to weight lifting. Still, my experience may shed some light on your question.