Agave Nectar - Unequal? - Do not Hijack this topic

http://www.volcanicnectar.com/blueagavefaq.html

I need some insights on whether the claims made here about some Agave being better than others.. are to any respect true.

Robert, Brendan - You guys produce VEGA and must know more intricate details or can find out... in terms of how one can check for pure Agave v/s ones that have been changed.

Note:

The last thread I opened on Agave Nectar was locked because 2 members got took the thread HIJACKED it and turned it into a debate about HONEY.

Instead of deleting the HONEY debate and cleaning that from the topic the moderators chose to lock the the thread. I would think that was not the best way for a moderator (I've seen lots of forums & managed some) to manage a discussion thread that should have been AGAVE centered.

I closed that thread myself because it wasn't an argument (or even comparison) of agave to honey. I closed it because there was over 1.5 pages on whether or not insects counted as animals. That's a far cry from the original topic of agave. I tried to end the argument simply with a couple of posts, but the beautiful thing about this forum is that lots of problems and disagreements tend to work themselves out. We could try again at a topic about agave nectar, I'd be interested in taking part (even though I've never had it outside of vega bars).

That's an interesting link. I've been buying Madhava brand and using it sparingly as a sweetener. I just looked at the label and all it has is "100% Agave Nectar" and no actual ingredients list. The website in the link has a brand I'll try to find. I feel deceived! Actually I feel stupid. I should have looked into it more.

More investigation is needed.

If you want insights on that link, I would say that agave nectar is too new to all of us to give an educated response. I use it but would not be surprised if someone told me I was paying for colored corn syrup.

I agree. I love it and since it tastes good but isn't honey I use it. There are likely minimal benefits(maybe more) but its still just sticky sugary goup.

I closed that thread myself because it wasn't an argument (or even comparison) of agave to honey. I closed it because there was over 1.5 pages on whether or not insects counted as animals. That's a far cry from the original topic of agave. I tried to end the argument simply with a couple of posts, but the beautiful thing about this forum is that lots of problems and disagreements tend to work themselves out. We could try again at a topic about agave nectar, I'd be interested in taking part (even though I've never had it outside of vega bars).

I've moderated other boards - The thing is to delete all OFF TOPIC stuff or SEPARATE, SPLIT & MOVE IT INTO ANOTHER THREAD.

If the thread was about AGAVE all tangential discussions about insects, animals & honey should've been deleted and the topic left open for Agave discussions (so that all AGAVE information was collected in ONE discussion thread).

You did not have to END the argument with a couple of posts. As a moderator, you need to be unbiased and work towards keeping the DISCUSSION on topic. You needed to delete their 'OFF TOPIC' posts and let the AGAVE thread live on.

By closing it you have made waste the efforts of people who were ON TOPIC and the ones who went OFF TOPIC win by causing disturbance.

Anyways, these are fundamentals of managing discussion boards. I see that non of the moderators here really doing that.

Too many threads become personal battlegrounds for people to throw their VIEWPOINTS in despite being off-topic from the original discussion - Thereby making it counter productive to the ORIGINAL agenda of the thread.

lots of problems and disagreements tend to work themselves out.

What if all the vegan Madhava consumers on this board tomorrow found out that they have been consuming 'honey' as a part of Agave Nectar?

Keeping a discussion board CLEAN & discussions ON TOPIC is what moderators need to do. Discourage people from making every discussion a fight about their borderline Vegan-ism.

Do you drive a car? Well your tyres use animal products... Are you vegan?

Do you have a house? All the paint in the house contains animal extracts.. are you vegan?

I know that it is not as trivial as Insects & Animals, but....

> All such ARGUMENTS need to go into their separate threads.

I've moderated other boards - The thing is to delete all OFF TOPIC stuff or SEPARATE, SPLIT & MOVE IT INTO ANOTHER THREAD.

If the thread was about AGAVE all tangential discussions about insects, animals & honey should've been deleted and the topic left open for Agave discussions (so that all AGAVE information was collected in ONE discussion thread).

You did not have to END the argument with a couple of posts. As a moderator, you need to be unbiased and work towards keeping the DISCUSSION on topic. You needed to delete their 'OFF TOPIC' posts and let the AGAVE thread live on.

By closing it you have made waste the efforts of people who were ON TOPIC and the ones who went OFF TOPIC win by causing disturbance.

Anyways, these are fundamentals of managing discussion boards. I see that non of the moderators here really doing that.

Too many threads become personal battlegrounds for people to throw their VIEWPOINTS in despite being off-topic from the original discussion - Thereby making it counter productive to the ORIGINAL agenda of the thread.

What if all the vegan Madhava consumers on this board tomorrow found out that they have been consuming 'honey' as a part of Agave Nectar?

Keeping a discussion board CLEAN & discussions ON TOPIC is what moderators need to do. Discourage people from making every discussion a fight about their borderline Vegan-ism.

Do you have a house? All the paint in the house contains animal extracts.. are you vegan?

You basically just hijacked your own topic!

Maybe YOU should have opened up another thread about how you dislike people hijacking other threads???

You basically just hijacked your own topic!

Maybe YOU should have opened up another thread about how you dislike people hijacking other threads???

I figured someone would point that out. But again, thats the job of the Moderators. I could not drag his or mine posts out from any of the other threads.

I just took another look at the link and to me it seems like a bit of a pee test. Kinda like the battle for Cola supremacy. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems that way. As for the enzyme claim I don't think anything can keep enzymes long and living unless they are actually growing as the case with Miso and Tempeh. Maybe I'm wrong but I think its kinda like the idea of raw packaged crackers. Sure its raw but nothing is alive...even if it were sprouted...unless of course you do it yourself and eat it immediately.