How to get Naturally white teeth

Dr. Pink

I'm talking pearly whites. My teeth are not that bad but there a bit discolored and bland due to a life long habit of soda, bad brushing habits and braces. What is a good way to whiten them Veganly( Preferably a all natural way too)

I brush my teeth as often as I can. Which usually is either once or twice a day. I am currently using Jason brand orange mango gel toothpaste but I am looking into two different brands and a whitening toothpaste they make.

First is Kiss my face which makes a whitening toothpaste. The next is Xyliwhite by Now. It states that it works( So if anyone knows form experience if any of those work let me know)

But besides these what are other methods? Like maybe they make an all-natural whitening gum that I could chew on top of brushing my teeth. Or maybe there are other ways to permemantly whiten teeth naturally and veganly.

Whatever you got let me know. I have been struggling with this for a while.

Don't know. I'm proud of my European style normal colored teeth myself. When Americans smile I sometimes get scared.

lol... viva europe!

------

it's not natural, but i believe is vegan ( i never tried doing those things though.. ) :

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/370806/remove_years_of_coffee_stains_from_teeth_suss_sassy/

and

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/608251/white_teeth_in_1_min_with_1/

-----

i have no idea if it works or not... but i do hope it does... =)

You can scrub them with hydrogen peroxide and a cotton ball. It can eat up the enamel if you're not careful so don't hammer it. This is how they do it in the Philippines and I've seen it work quite well for people but its a real pain in the butt.

Thanks ^_^. Umm just wondering. What is Hydrogen Proixide?

Ask for it in the drug store... it's usually next to the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel.

If you just want to remove stains, brushing with baking soda once a week or so ought to do the trick. In fact, some people I know use baking soda on a regular basis instead of toothpaste. If that's not enough, the peroxide may help to bleach them a bit.

If you want unnaturally gleaming white movie-star teeth, I have no recommendations.

Are white teeth necessarily more healthy? I haven't gone to the dentist for a long time because I am scared and I just hate it. My teeth are slightly yellow I suppose (although I am colourblind) but they seem in alright condish:

http://www.godfist.com/happyhappysmile.jpg

No. I think he just means in general that "very" poorly discolored teeth may be unhealthy or something like that.

I'm just guessing he means that. But then again, I never know what potter is thinking even when he's in the same room with me communicating verbally or in writing

Are my teeth poorly coloured?

You are British aren't you Just kidding. I've met a British person with a white tooth before.

You didn't answer the question, I guess that means that my teeth are going to fall out yah shiny-headed dentist

No they won't fall out(at least not all of them)...they just get really crooked and wind up in a rainbow of colors. And as we Americans know...we also have the worlds nicest teeth along with the best of everything else.

Well, if you want to know what I do:

1. Brush after breakfast, sometimes use a flouride rinse (which includes after coffee, one of the worst staining substances ever)

2. After dinner or before bed: I rinse with a flouride mouth rinse deal, floss, brush, then do the peroxide deal with a cotton swab last.

So once per day for me. But by religious I mean every day if you want to see results.

Well, if you want to know what I do:

1. Brush after breakfast, sometimes use a flouride rinse (which includes after coffee, one of the worst staining substances ever)

2. After dinner or before bed: I rinse with a flouride mouth rinse deal, floss, brush, then do the peroxide deal with a cotton swab last.

So once per day for me.

I don't drink coffee, so that's a bonus. I don't want to use peroxide, that seems hardcore, but I might start using bicarbonate of soda if that's recommended. Right now I tend to brush my teeth before I go to sleep, and sometimes after breakfast or lunch.

Yes but you're all tip-toeing around the issue which is; are my teeth badly discoloured? I don't know what they're meant to look like

http://www.godfist.com/discoloured_teeth.jpg

OMG!! WTF!!!

:lachmal::lachmal::lachmal::lachmal:

By the way, I strongly disagree on brushing teeth straight after food intake. The enamel gets porous and it will damage the teeth in the long run! brush either before breakfast, or 30 minutes post breakfast. At least that's what my dentist sais

Wait 30 minutes after breakfast? Why so long? Well I guess I could lift weights for 30 minutes than brush. With my upcoming work schedule( That's right I'm awaigting the call to start work at Target) I will have to wake up at 2am every morning to start work at 4am. I'll have to eat and workout early.

So I gues it would workout. I will also try the Hydrogen Proxide thing. Is it natural or do they make usda organic hydrogen proxide?

These are my teeth -

http://a681.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00557/08/65/557145680_l.jpg

A helpful and no doubt wholesomely motivated group of trolls semi-recently informed me that in this picture i have jaw-droppingly deformed teeth, of a garish yellow hue and growing in two rows on top of each other in a particularly repellant manner.

Now, it may just be me (admittedly, i do have to wear glasses to see further than the end of my nose...) but, I just can't see that going on there....

I reckon my teeth are nothing to be especially proud of, pretty crooked on the bottom and a bit yellowy.... but I reckon that's pretty normal and really no big deal.....

Some people are so obsessive about the whiteness and smooth line of their teeth, that they pay a fortune to have the whole lot ripped out and replaced with fake tooth 'pegs' which are a shiny white colour.... "perfect" in structure, but which are ultimately fake.... they must be replaced every 2 years accordingly..... this being a standard procedure... and with it being not uncommon or socially shunned in America in particular, for obvious reasons, it's likely that many of the people who walk about with glistening white teeth don't really have any teeth at all....

Now there's some food for thought.....