Hey everyone!!

Ange123

Hi!!

My name is Angela and I am a farily new Vegetartian! I gave up meat in March of this year and have been having a few vegan days here and there over the past couple of weeks.

I gave up eating animals because meat is murder and I don't want any animal to suffer for me. I have never believed in wearing fur or the seal slaughters. I tried going veg a few years ago and then I got pregnant. I caved to the pressure my family put on me to eat meat for the baby, blah, blah, blah.

So, I have been meat free since March and I can't remember the last time I drank milk. I haven't had cheese for a week.

I want to be a figure competitor and have worked towards this goal off and on for a few years, but I am quickly approaching my 39th b-day so enuff is enuff!!

I have been taking my daughter to a Naturopath for a few months and he has recommened a few books to me to read, one of them being "Thrive".

Read it and am currently reading 'The Thrive Diet". I bought Vega over the weekend and am going to take it daily and use it as my post workout shake on workout days. If I had known about it sooner, I could have gone to see Brendan when he was in Brockville to promote his book!!!!

I went to a trainer a couple of weeks ago to be assessed and he pretty much told me if I don't eat meat, I won't be able to build muscle and compete. I didn't believe him!! I came home and sent off an email to a

pen pal figure competitor in Austaila -- I'm in Canada. She came back to me with all this info. on Robert and his websites. The funny thing is, she is not a vegetarian. I checked them out and was excited to see his Vegan team with Brendan on it. Funny how this whole thing came together. So, I ordered Robert's DVD and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive!!! My goal is to compete and to become part of the Vegan Team!!

Anyway, that's a long intro., but that's my story!!

I'm happy to have found this community and to now be a part of it!!

Ange

Welcome Angela!

Great intro. I'm glad others are talking about the website, Brendan, Thrive, Vega, and all that stuff.

Thanks for ordering a DVD as well. Do you know where you ordered it from?

I just ask because I sell them online and don't recall seeing a recent order to Canada so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. There are other websites and stores that carry it too, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Enjoy the DVD, enjoy Vega and thrive and all the best with your training! We do have some fitness competitors here as well and some competitive bodybuilders who are vegan. Trainers don't always know much about the vegan lifestyle so places like this are nice because a bunch of us are vegan athletes and we've been there done that.

Have a great day and we look forward to hearing more from you.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome, Angela! It's good you didn't listen to your trainer! You can achieve anything you want on a vegan diet - this forum will definitely prove that to you! The Thrive Diet is a great book. Another book that helped me when I first became vegan was The China Study by T. Colin Campbell. You'll never want dairy again if you read that!

Hi Robert!

Thanx for the welcome!

I ordered the DVD from your website a couple of weeks ago -- around June 28th.

Thanx,

Ange

Oh yeah, I see it now. It was sent out last week sometime I believe, so it should be there anytime.

I was thinking it was just ordered in the last day or two. But yep, I checked, and I got the order on the 28th and it has been sent and I can e-mail you the shipping details when I grab the shipping receipt, but I think it should be there any day now.

Thanks again and enjoy!

-Robert

Welcome to the forum Good job recognizing your trainer is wrong too. Lots of people have built muscle on this forum. In the case of myself I'm trying to lose muscle without meat and it isn't easy.

Welcome!

Congratulations on your life-affirming decision. I can recommend a few books to help ward off the nasty nay-sayers. "The China Study" is a must read by Dr. Colin Campbell. I like Dr. Graham's book "The 80/10/10 diet". There's also Dr. Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live". An excellent resource is www.vegsource.com And here of course too! Good luck and looking forward to getting to know you. Ciao

Welcome Angela!

What do your family members say when you told them about your new diet?

My Dad is waiting to see how long this "phase" will last!!! My Mom is more supportive. My daughter and I live with my parents -- they are not supportive of me introducing vegetarianism to my Daughter -- but, I'm making little changes in her diet and when she is old enough she can make her own decision.

Ange

I was thinking it was just ordered in the last day or two. But yep, I checked, and I got the order on the 28th and it has been sent and I can e-mail you the shipping details when I grab the shipping receipt, but I think it should be there any day now.

Thanks again and enjoy!

-Robert

Great news!!

Can't wait to watch it!!

Ange

Welcome!

I have 3 kids, all vegan since conception. They are strong and healthy. I have had lots of resistance to this from many different sources, but i read a bunch and learned how to fight back / defend my choices. Hopefully they will always be vegan, but of not then at least they grew up with out (what I consider to be poison) in their bodies.

Congratulations on changing your diet, the longer you do it, the more you will learn and the easier it will become.

this is a great online community and most likely you will be able to find out about anything vegan that you could want to know.

I look forward to seeing you around on here!

Yay! -for more parents here!

Its great you found this place - it has been so helpful to me. I just started the Thrive Diet and would love to compare notes with you if you want. I post my daily diet and activities on the Online Training Journal of this forum - which is a great way to track what you do and get support from others. As for being 39, don't delay! I'm 48 and committed to looking great at 50! As for getting more vegan support I love everyone at: www.veganfreaks.net -- the hosts Bob & Jenna do a weekly podcast and they also have a forum for vegans who need some positive vegans to talk to about all the things non-vegans don't have a clue about. Ranting is allowed!!