Low bf% & weak immune system Question??

Ive been keeping my body fat percentage below 4% for over 2 months now and have had a couple time where ive gotten "sick" out of the blue.

Now, when I was heavier and higher bf i never got sick and always remained healthy(even when others around me were sick for weeks).

My question is: since my bf% has remained so low for so "long" now, is my immune system weaker? Ive heard it does weaken it, but I dont want to lose my definition or really gain anymore bf!! Please help. I do train an ENT Doctor and he said right now it might be a sinus infection(which ive never gotten, but yet again he is a doctor and was guessing on what it could be based on my symptoms(sore throat, ears clogged lungs feel congested).

Is there any NATURAL remedy I could take to boost my immune system outside of just fruits and veges(which I get plenty of)?

thanks,

~jimi

Just gain some fat and you'll be fine. Nobody should be under 4% for extended periods of time or at all. Bodybuilders do it for maybe 1-2 weeks only and that is still unhealthy. 2 months is way too long. Really you shouldn't even drop under 5%, and 6-8 is probably optimal for health but if you get over 5% you should feel considerably better. Immune systems get so weak when bf drops so low because you don't have any consistent fuel. You can only store so much sugar.

Depending on the source, essential body fat for males is 2-4%. That means essential for normal physiological functioning. If you are under 4% then perhaps you're at less than essential for your body and it's effecting your immune system functions.

Please consider that if you were to become hospitalized right now for an illness or a traumatic injury, you might not be fed anything for days or even a week depending on your level of consciousness, needed operations or other reasons. You do not have any storage fat so you would probably die when your body uses up the small amount of essential fat you have for energy.

As stated before, even competitive bodybuilders remain at essential levels for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. The only people I can recall who have stayed that low for longer periods are either ill or imprisoned. It's not healthy.

well hell. i like being this lean though. i guess more beans rice and nuts are in my near future

Fruit! The magical food...

He's talking about adding body fat...you know that right?

I thought the body could convert carbs and proteins into fats for storage, but hey, I'm not an expert. I mean, don't we "fatten" livestock with more carbs?

Your body converts all excess calories (be they from carbs, protein or fats) into fat for storage.

That's my point. You have to increase your calorie intake versus how much you consume. You can gain body fat on anything, including fruit, if you're eating more calories than you consume. As to the expensive part, since I became raw my grocery bills have reduced dramatically, but I also grow a lot of my own stuff too, so maybe I'm not a reference for the financial aspect. Ever thought of mono-meals of just bananas for example, which are pretty cheap?