How should I be eating?

Zack

As some of you know, I've got hepatitis c, had it since I was born, just recently found out. I have cirrhosis of the liver, and it doesn't work very well. I've been eating raw for about a month now, and constantly researching how I can heal myself. Doctors won't let me on treatment due to low white blood cell count. I've been reading about sugars stimulating the liver and stressing it, and also feeding viruses, like hep. c. Being raw, all my carbs come from sugars. Should I add some starchy food into that too? I feel pretty good now, but i'm just trying to find out what's optimal for healing.

Did you read what kinds of sugars stress the liver? As I recall, part of the liver's function is to filter the blood, but if you're carbs are coming from raw sources, is that really much stress? I'm wondering if it's white sugars and white flour, bread, rice etc. that they're making reference to.

In my case, I got the most improvement in my skin by juicing spinach, kale, or other dark green leafy veggies. They have the most nutrition by far and I believe they heal the liver tremendously. An easy way to juice those veggies are to blend them up in a blender w/water. Next, empty the mix into a strainer and collect the juice in a bowl underneath. You can save all the fibrous material for later use if you want. I add a fruit and stevia to the juice once finished. It doesn't cause me gas at all. If I blend just the veggies, water, and fruit without straining, my gut is hit hardcore. As for grains and legumes, in my opinion, I would eat them. I think they are great because they are complex carbs, contain a good amount of protein, fiber, and minerals. The one's I'd be cautious about are gluten containing, like wheat, barley, or rye. You might want to try milk thistle. It may work. I'm not into supplements unless absolutely needed, but it has shown to improve liver function. Also, to help with digestion, supplemental Pancreatin can help break down food since the liver is in not too good shape. Lower fat intake. I don't eat isolated oil because they have no micro nutrient value and they are very high in calories. Anybody can get all the fat they need from seeds, nuts, or avocados. Cabbage juice is also great for the gut. It has Vitamin U, which can help heal ulcers. Almost 70% of the immune system is in the gut. Plus, dairy-free Acidophilus can help restore gut flora and get rid of many invaders of the G.I. tract. Hope this helps

In my case, I got the most improvement in my skin by juicing spinach, kale, or other dark green leafy veggies. They have the most nutrition by far and I believe they heal the liver tremendously. An easy way to juice those veggies are to blend them up in a blender w/water. Next, empty the mix into a strainer and collect the juice in a bowl underneath. You can save all the fibrous material for later use if you want. I add a fruit and stevia to the juice once finished. It doesn't cause me gas at all. If I blend just the veggies, water, and fruit without straining, my gut is hit hardcore. As for grains and legumes, in my opinion, I would eat them. I think they are great because they are complex carbs, contain a good amount of protein, fiber, and minerals. The one's I'd be cautious about are gluten containing, like wheat, barley, or rye. You might want to try milk thistle. It may work. I'm not into supplements unless absolutely needed, but it has shown to improve liver function. Also, to help with digestion, supplemental Pancreatin can help break down food since the liver is in not too good shape. Lower fat intake. I don't eat isolated oil because they have no micro nutrient value and they are very high in calories. Anybody can get all the fat they need from seeds, nuts, or avocados. Cabbage juice is also great for the gut. It has Vitamin U, which can help heal ulcers. Almost 70% of the immune system is in the gut. Plus, dairy-free Acidophilus can help restore gut flora and get rid of many invaders of the G.I. tract. Hope this helps

I might try your idea about making veggie juice that way, since I have a blender, but not a juicer.

I've got a very good juicer, but that's a good improvisation. I like pretty much any green juice, especially kale. Make at list 1 liter a day, usually more. I'm using a few supplements.

I always heard barley was good for the liver. I think i'm gonna keep on with the raw diet though, I feel pretty good about it right now. I'm kind of curious how getting carbs from gluten free grains and maybe beans would be. At a time I was raw plus garbanzo beans, I didn't feel optimal on that, but i'm curious about trying things out. I've read that starch is not good for the liver from some raw foodists, but can find almost no proof of it. I am consuming a huge amount of sugars from fruit, and I don't really feel comfortable about that either. Fat intake is pretty low already.

That being said, I feel like I should stick with the raw, it's tough but I feel pretty good. Acne is almost gone, I'm doing some serious deep cleansing now, which is exactly what I need.

Thanks for the ideas!