Your opinions about The ZONE

I'd like to know your thoughts about the ZONE DIET by Dr Sears if it works or it's the same having a diet with a little bit of wisdom. I've got to say that I'm not vegetarian (really can't afford it) but I belive that most vegans have a more critic and wise approach to nutrion than other people. I've always wanted to perfom the ZONE but the more I read about it the more questions arose in my mind that prevented me to make it. For example when I read his books and he talks about what type of food is better or not just on the basis of their amount of proteins, carbos and fats but never condidering what additives they contains. For example Bresaola it's considered a good choice despite the fact that 99% of it contain Sodium Nitrite and Nitrate that are majors cause of gatric cancer. He also consider that milk, yogurt and some tipe of chees are good choices never condidering that 3/4 of the world population is intollerant to lactose and and for this it would be better considering lactosee tolerance the disease rather than the inollerance. For these reasons I'm very confused about this diet and I'd like to know your thoughts. Sorry if the language it's full of grammar errors but I'm Italian

It depends on what your goal is.

If your goal is to only gain weight then The Zone, Atkins, South beach, Mercola, Eat to Live or any other diet that makes you eat less than you expand will do.

If you want to be healthy at the same time then I would go for an Eat to Live/China Study type of diet, i.e. whole food plant based.

Yeah diary is completely worthless and anyone that advocates that in a diet removes all credibility. Also a vegan diet isn't expensive. An organic vegan diet may be expensive but an organic omniverous diet is even more pricey. You can eat reasonably well for less than $3 a day unless you require lots of food.

If your goal is to only gain weight then The Zone, Atkins, South beach, Mercola, Eat to Live or any other diet that makes you eat less than you expand will do.

If you want to be healthy at the same time then I would go for an Eat to Live/China Study type of diet, i.e. whole food plant based.

The zone goal is also to be healthy as i've read it

The zone goal is also to be healthy as i've read it

I don't consider quite healthy a diet that give milk and his derivates an high value

A good diet should fit into a healthy lifestyle. If its good for you now it should be good for you later. If it seems good for the moment only...it will likely catch up to you eventually a lot like the Atkins diet. Some very overweight people may benefit for now from this terribly diet but in the end it will still catch up to them.