My name is...

Erik

Erik, I'm 22 Yrs old. I've been vegan since i was 17. I've always been fairly active and lifted weights. but since suffering from an AC separation this past January i decided once i recovered i was going to try and get myself into a much better physical condition. i put on close to 30lbs during recovering from the injury, due to going from being so active to having to "take it easy". I cut off most of that and i am at around 209 now, i'm 5'11 i would like to lose another 10-15lbs of fat but its getting harder to cut weight. i lift 5 days a week and run everyday. i love mma, skateboarding, snowboarding, boxing, music and my dog. i have been reading the board for a year or so and finally i decided to go ahead and join. i would really love a new 7 day diet plan to cut some fat if anyone has any ideas. thanks in advance.

-Erik

Hey Erik,

Welcome to the group! I always seen lots of guests online in addition to registered members and I'm always happy to see those guests join in on the conversations. So, welcome to the team

There are others into MMA, Boxing and some of your other sports interests, as you probably know by now from reading the board.

Enjoy your time here. All the best!

Welcome Eric,

I'm thinking what you've been doing sounds good as it has been working. Maybe just try lowering the intensity of your runs but making them much longer. If you drop the intensity 10% you should be able to run 25% longer which will really help drop the weight.

• 3 weeks later...

It's basiocally grade school math, you need to cut your calories, or burn more calories....running is great, but the best results you will see are probably going to come from switching away from nutrient dense foods.......if you eat a lot of broccoli, cabbage, zuchinni, with a little brown rice or potato, you'll be good, (if you want to eat what you ate before you need to be at the same activity level...or....you'll get some extra weight...which BTW is not the end of the world) it's just that you need to adjust your calorie intake based on your current activity level... (I know it's hard but if you want to see results that's the path to where you want to be)

Goodluck

I've been meaning to do the introduction thing I just haven't had time yet......I currently live on the beach in Manuel Antonio/Quepos, but I'm about to get divorced (unfortunately) so I'll probably be relocating to San Jose or maybe Monteverde (A great place, heaven on earth IMHO...everyone should go there at least once)......but my kids are here and so I'll be making the 4 hour drive unless I make a bunch of cash soon and can afford to pay for everyone to go on the plane (which is 20 minutes..and only about $50per person).......this is truly paradise part of it is that cars cost twice what they are worth 100% tax, and the roads are so terrible that you' d have to be a fool to buy a car here (there's one born every minute...kind of like carnivores)..........The good news is that there is always a taxi and they are CHEAP.......I went to visit my mother in Oregon in February and called a cab from a bar for obvious reasons...(I ran into some old friends and had a few beers with them leaving a rental car in a pay per hour parking lot)....so after a few beers I thought well, I'll get the car tomorrow.......it took about 45 minutes for the taxi to show up and they charged me about $40 to take me home (more than the daily fee for renting the car)...here you can just find a taxi anywhere, and they charge about $4 per hour.........so I own 3 cars and I don;t drive unless it's for a very good reason.......I guess this should be in the into section...anyway thanks and I'll post an intro later today most likely unless I just get of track go to the beach (1km from my house) and forget to do it until someone reminds me...but I'm a pretty responsible guy so I don't think that'll happen