Website Design

Zack

Hey guys, I've been meaning to start a new thread. The NEW look of the www.veganbodybuilding.com website is coming together. It's not a finished product yet, there is still a bunch of work I have to do and info I need to get to Richard, but it's nearly complete and on it's way.

We're getting new logos, having a new style and we're excited about the future.

We'll be having even more changes in the coming months and we'll be doing some really cool innovative stuff around here. I really look forward to it.

Thanks for noticing and we'll keep this NEW main website up to date with all kinds of news, features, profiles and other cool stuff.

Check back each week as we move forward with the NEW site!

Cool, glad people like it. The site will be updated quite a lot I think, me and robert have discussed a few new ideas.

hey richard, I PM'd you. do you think you could update my profile please?

A lot of things for me have changed.

I sent all the info to you in a personal message.

thanks

Cool. I like the new logo. 700px width feels really narrow to me though - most current screen resolutions are at 1024 or greater px.

i agree, kind of. a little too narrow, but since there are still a bunch of people on 1024/768, i'd go with 900, or so.

i dont intend to be a nay-sayer -- the new site is nice -- but if easy updating and a modern look is the goal, i really would have gone the wordpress direction.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. The site isn't completely done yet, but we decided to go ahead and get the new version up and running. I still have a lot to do to get it totally complete, but for now, it's looking cool.

If anyone is interested in submitting articles, please let me know.

I spent years writing most of them and it would be great to have some contributing writers, as we've had in the past.

Thanks!

but if easy updating and a modern look is the goal, i really would have gone the wordpress direction.

Well said. Wordpress is one of the easiest CMS's to configure and update. It would work really well for updating and editing articles on a site like veganbodybuilding.com. Navigation is dynamically generated, and new content is automatically indexed to an internal search feature.

I haven't heard of wordpress before. I don't feel like making the website again right now, it took me a long time to get it all into this new format. Maybe I'll look into a different design or manner of working in future, I'd have to know more about wordpress, but it sounds pretty nifty from what I've read briefly.

Well, with regards to the width, Rob asked for it to be narrow, and I showed him what I was doing every step of the way. Maybe you guys have fancy high resolution settings, in which case I can see that it would look kind of narrow. But on a working-man's 1024 x 768 screen, it looks alright I think.

• 16 years later...