sudden new allergy?

Hero

so Ive been eating 90-100% raw/fruitarian for a while now.

I still eat some cooked/processed foods because I am broke and can only afford to eat whats in the house. but that will change soon when I have a job and I will be able to eat 100% raw.

so here's my thing:

the second I put peanutbutter in my mouth my glands swell up like balloons.

I thought maybe it was coincedences, but it happens everytime. everytime i eat peanutbutter, wholewheat bread, or wholewheat spaghetti, my neck glands swell up huge and they hurt big time. Im talking within like 1 second of any of this.

Could I, since Ive been eating raw, devloped an allergy to peanuts and wheat gluten? since my body doesnt recognize any of this as food anymore...?

I am not allergic to anything. but is it possible that I have new allergies?

oh yeah another thing is, my whole body feels like its on fire, and I sweat uncontrollably for hours and its kind of hard to breathe. this happens especially after eating spaghetti.

also,

I get really itchy, dizzy, my stomach hurts, and my heart beats really really fast. after peanutbutter.

anyone with an allergy help me. cause I dont think this is a normal response to adding some processed/cooked foods back into my diet. i think its an allergy.

and with wheat gluten my reaction is:

acne, severe sweating, cramps, severe eczema, headaches, very lethargic, constipation, stomach pains,

Sounds like an allergy. I gave up peanut butter and can only tolerate a little bit at a time. I used to live on the stuff. I question the quality control of peanut butter anyway - the nuts are almost all imported from great distances (China mostly) in massive quantities even for 'locally' made organic pb. I'm sure there's a lot of mold (& aflatoxin) that we'd never know about. I'm no allergy expert, but after that reaction, I'd stay away from the stuff!

Peanut butter is LOADED with acrylamide. It's a pretty dangerous neurotoxin formed during some forms of cooking, not boiling or steaming. I don't really understand what you are going through. I was raw for more than a month, eating some cooked food has not affected me negatively.

Try some gluten free grains.

For more on acrylamide:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/A1550.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylamide

"Inhalation:

May cause drowsiness, tingling sensations, fatigue, weakness, stumbling, slurred speech, and shaking. May cause central and peripheral nervous system damage. Severe intoxications may cause permanent nerve damage. Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. May affect reproductive system and act as a teratogen.

Ingestion:

Toxic! May cause systemic poisoning with symptoms paralleling those of inhalation. "

That sounds like it may be what's affecting you the most.

I pretty much stick to boiled or steamed food, which is not pasta or pb.

Are you pretty upset about having to eat cooked? If so, chill out a bit and it may be easier to tolerate. Try sticking to boiled and steamed food, see if you feel better.[/url]

Everytime I eat something my body doesn't approve of, I get a high heart beat. That's how I have found out which foods I can and can't eat. I've been using my pulse as aninstrument for some years now.

Sometimes I do have the things I'm sensitive of and it's not a bigger deal than I feel pretty darn uncomfortable, sweaty, tired, a bit weary and just heavy.

I have a brand of PB at home I can eat without problems. Kung Markattas PB is all organic, natural and works for me, and I barely ever eat it! Here, I've tried different PB's and they all make me very very sleepy and drooly and now lately I've had a hard time breathing after I've had it and I get a high pulse.

Clearly I should lay off the PB lol

Sometimes we can react ina negative way towards pretty much anything if we set our minds to it. (that's what placebo is for).. but like Zack wrote, if you have to eat cooked, stick to steamed or cooked foods that are a bit easier to digest than pasta packed with gluten.

Acrylamide is some nasty stuff!!! I remember it being a hot potatoe some years back. No one wanted to eat bread anymore, and yet today, they still do.

does it happen when you eat just regular peanuts?

roasted, yes.

"Acrylamide is a chemical contaminant in food caused by a chemical reaction that occurs when foods are fried, deep-fried or oven-baked."

"Most acrylamide in food is formed when a natural amino acid called asparagine reacts with certain naturally occurring sugars such as glucose. This only happens when the temperature during cooking is sufficiently high, a temperature which varies depending on the properties of the product and the method of cooking."

Pretty much anything oven baked, like bread, or deep fried like chips will have it in it.

I also get a racing pulse when I eat certain foods..peanuts and peanut butter do that to me the worst, I almost went to the hospital once after eating peanut butter because my heart was racing so fast I thought I was having a panic attack.

I don't think that is considered an allergy though, just a food intolerance. And I would guess that food intolerances are possibly and likely higher for a person after eating mostly raw then when eating cooked foods.

Peanut butter is LOADED with acrylamide. It's a pretty dangerous neurotoxin formed during some forms of cooking, not boiling or steaming. I don't really understand what you are going through. I was raw for more than a month, eating some cooked food has not affected me negatively.

Try some gluten free grains.

For more on acrylamide:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/A1550.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylamide

"Inhalation:

May cause drowsiness, tingling sensations, fatigue, weakness, stumbling, slurred speech, and shaking. May cause central and peripheral nervous system damage. Severe intoxications may cause permanent nerve damage. Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. May affect reproductive system and act as a teratogen.

Ingestion:

Toxic! May cause systemic poisoning with symptoms paralleling those of inhalation. "

That sounds like it may be what's affecting you the most.

I pretty much stick to boiled or steamed food, which is not pasta or pb.

Are you pretty upset about having to eat cooked? If so, chill out a bit and it may be easier to tolerate. Try sticking to boiled and steamed food, see if you feel better.[/url]

nah Im not upset at all. boiled and steam food make me tired and feel like shit, but no reactions like this. this is strictly peanutbutter and wheat.

I think its definately that toxin

Everytime I eat something my body doesn't approve of, I get a high heart beat. That's how I have found out which foods I can and can't eat. I've been using my pulse as aninstrument for some years now.

Sometimes I do have the things I'm sensitive of and it's not a bigger deal than I feel pretty darn uncomfortable, sweaty, tired, a bit weary and just heavy.

I have a brand of PB at home I can eat without problems. Kung Markattas PB is all organic, natural and works for me, and I barely ever eat it! Here, I've tried different PB's and they all make me very very sleepy and drooly and now lately I've had a hard time breathing after I've had it and I get a high pulse.

Clearly I should lay off the PB lol

Sometimes we can react ina negative way towards pretty much anything if we set our minds to it. (that's what placebo is for).. but like Zack wrote, if you have to eat cooked, stick to steamed or cooked foods that are a bit easier to digest than pasta packed with gluten.

Acrylamide is some nasty stuff!!! I remember it being a hot potatoe some years back. No one wanted to eat bread anymore, and yet today, they still do.

nah im not setting my mind on it at all. it defintely isnt a placebo affect.

in fact i had wanted to go back to cooked foods since i was starving. i figured it get more calories for my dollars worth. and i will just eat raw when i can.

but i have zero dollars, and i am eating whatever is vegan and available in the pantries here. and that is peanutbutter and spaghetti.

im just going to stick with raw, and soon should have some income so i can afford to buy some food.

does it happen when you eat just regular peanuts?

no, i have some raw peanuts but i cant get myself to eat more than a small handful without wanting to gag. they taste horrible.

i think its just processed peanuts

In July of 2006, the United States Food and Drug Administration released the results of its latest research on the acrylamide content of common foods.

The top 20 foods by average acrylamide intake by the U.S. population are as follows:

1. French Fries (made in restaurants)

2. French Fries (oven baked)

3. Potato Chips

4. Breakfast Cereals

5. Cookies

6. Brewed Coffee

7. Toast

8. Pies and Cakes

9. Crackers

10. Soft Bread

11. Chile con Carne

12. Corn Snacks

13. Popcorn

14. Pretzels

15. Pizza

16. Burrito/Tostada

17. Peanut Butter

18. Breaded Chicken

19. Bagels

20. Soup Mix

"Acrylamide has been shown to cause cancer in animals. Exposure to large doses of acrylamide has also been shown to cause neurological damage in humans.

Acrylamide tends to form when foods that are high in carbohydrates and/or an amino acid called asparagine are cooked at high temperatures. Cooking methods that tend to require high temperatures - like frying, roasting, and baking - are more likely to cause acrylamide formation in food. Non-cooked and boiled foods almost never contain detectable levels of acrylamide.

The top two food groups listed above - French fries and potato chips - are easily two of the most damaging foods to human health. Despite the creation of "healthy" varieties of French fries and potato chips like New York Fries - Fried in 100% Non-Hydrogenated Sunflower Oil and Trader Joe's Veggie Chips Potato Snacks, it's important to know that all French fries and potato chips that have been deep-fried in oil are heavily laced with acrylamide and pose a serious threat to one's health. "

http://chetday.com/acrylamidefoods.htm

Edited by Zack

lol

Nice job Zack...hah, and everything that I DON'T eat is on that list Well..except for the - now that I'm in the States - PB.

Hero, you're not alone though! Many, many people have intolerances it's just that most people aren't aware of it because they don't pay attention to their bodies. I'm intolerant to a LOT of stuff, coloring, sweetners, preservatives, flavour enhancers, gluten, peanuts, most animal products (another reason why I went vegan) and a lot more. But the only thing I know for sure that I am allergic too is milk and pineapple. So I have for some years been reading all labels and checking everything for preseravatives especially, but the easiest way is to eat raw Or to cook from scratch, which I usually do anyway (except for when I am on vacation...eheh)

Raw peanuts are nasty. I had them 3 years ago. NEver again!

thanks Zack!

ths is information we SHOULD be taught in school and health class in gradeschool growing up. its sad how I have been mis-informed my whole life about nutrition.

even as a vegan I based my whole diet around things that yes I got big and strong on, but would eventually break down in my body over the years and cause problems.