Vegan Gamers

Dr. Pink

What system are you playing SC4 on Richard? I kinda like that series too. I never really owned a copy of the game( Besides when I owned Soul Calibur for the Gamecube just because it had Link in it lol. ) the first one I played was SC2 for the Dreamcast. It was my first time playing and I totally powned my Cousin and his girlfriend( And it was his game too )

Did you ever get a chance to play DMC4? Is it worth it? I played the original( The one with the castle, the puppets, a giant spider that spilts into millions of spiders and lots and lots of awesome jump shootin' XD.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing SC4 on Xbox 360. SC1 was on the dreamcast, SC2 with Link was on gamecube, that was cool. I had it on the PS2 with Heihachi.

I bought DMC4 and played it through, but didn't like it as much as DMC3. DMC4 is still a great game, but while DMC3 exists, I don't see the point in it, since it is basically inferior in every way apart from graphics, and Dante's style switching. They removed weapons, guns, styles and moves from the game for no reason. If you don't have PS2, and therefore can't play DMC3, I'd recommend DMC4 - otherwise I'd recommend DMC3.

I still have my PS2. So I'll give it a try .

It seems a bit crazy that Dante wouldn't have any guns, weopons or moves in DMC4. Did you mean they removed the old ones and put in new ones or just got rid of them in general? If thats the case I'd think DMC4 would be really boring.

No, I mean there were weapons in DMC3 that have been removed in DMC4, and there is no equivalent replacement. In DMC3 you had:

(guns) Pistols, Shotgun, Laser gun, Sniper rifle, Rocket launcher

(swords) Broad sword, nunchucks, double scimitars, guitar axe, gauntlets

(styles) Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royal Guard, Quicksilver, Doppelganger

then in DMC4, Dante has:

(guns) Pistols, Shotgun, Pandora's box

(swords) Broad sword, Gauntlets, Lucifer (darts)

(styles) Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royal Guard, Dark Slayer

And they also just decided to remove some moves from some weapons :/ it's just not the same type of game, more limited. As a sequel, on a next gen system, I was expecting MORE weapons and stuff, not LESS. So it's a disappointment in that way. DMC3 has more stuff going on, and also has more bosses and more varied levels.

I can understand that. They pretty much recycled everything. And removed stuff out.

I kinda felt the same way when I played The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I mean sure it was an awesome game. But it was a little too similar to Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, I liked many aspects of Twilight Princess, but they could have done a lot more with it. I especially felt that the items / weapons you get only really had 1 or 2 specific uses within 1 dungeon, then you never use them again. That's sad. Also there wasn't really much to do outside the dungeons, it was just do the dungeon, then do the next one etc... the combat could have moved on, it was pretty much the same as OT, on the freaking N64. That was a good fighting system, but it's a bit much to expect us to stay with that after all this time, there are other things to be done.

Yeah. I think it's about time that link get's the ability to jump and do aerial combat. Although I'd hate to see guns in the game. Aerial sword or arrow figting would be sweet.

I've also always imagined how cool it would be if A zelda game took place in a modern Hyrule. The history of all the Zelda games( According to the creator Miyamoto ) spans generations. Possibly 1 thousand or more years. It would be kind of neat to see a fantasy styled modernized game.

• 1 month later...

I felt like they did the same with gta4 as what you were saying about sc4.

I bought a PS3 especially for gta4 & I was sooooo disapointed.It is inferior in every way to San Andreas, apart from the graphics.

Less cars, no tuning shops, same guns, smaller city, less clothes shops, no haircuts, no gym, no tattoo parlour, the list is literally endless.

I finished the game with $1,000,000 and yet had absolutely nothing to spend it on.In San Andreas you could buy various properties all over the cities, which kept it fun after completing story mode.Tuning cars also kept it fun.Neither exist on gta4.

One of my properties on San Andreas had a huge garage, that I managed to squeeze loads of vehicles in, including a monster truck & beach buggy.No such garage exists in gta4, or the monster truck or beach buggy.

Also there are no gang wars, like in San Andreas.

Also the main character is turd.

Sorry, I end my rant now!

Woah, I never said that about SC4, I assume you mean DMC4, which they did do a big shit on.

In GTA4, I like the way the cars handle, and the car damage, and the physics of people being shot and run over, and I think the shooting system is way superior, especially if you turn off the auto aim, then it works like a proper 3rd person shooter.

But everything else is the same or worse than SA, which takes the piss. And where are the pedal bikes? The main thing I wanted them to do in GTA4 was to add in more options that you could do when just screwing around. I wanted more weapons, more melee weapons, more types of attacks and stuff like grabbing people, choking them, human shield etc, and also new options with how to interact with people and objects like mugging people, pick-pocketing, interrogating, stealing car stereos, slagging them off etc... but instead it feels pretty much just like another GTA in many ways.

I felt like they did the same with gta4 as what you were saying about sc4.

I bought a PS3 especially for gta4 & I was sooooo disapointed.It is inferior in every way to San Andreas, apart from the graphics.

Less cars, no tuning shops, same guns, smaller city, less clothes shops, no haircuts, no gym, no tattoo parlour, the list is literally endless.

I finished the game with $1,000,000 and yet had absolutely nothing to spend it on.In San Andreas you could buy various properties all over the cities, which kept it fun after completing story mode.Tuning cars also kept it fun.Neither exist on gta4.

One of my properties on San Andreas had a huge garage, that I managed to squeeze loads of vehicles in, including a monster truck & beach buggy.No such garage exists in gta4, or the monster truck or beach buggy.

Also there are no gang wars, like in San Andreas.

Also the main character is turd.

Sorry, I end my rant now!

Yeah I totally agree with your good points.The graphics are great, so to is the shooting style.

Also agree on the interacting parts, I had forgotten about those.Another thing they didnt add.

I have actually sent complaint emails to Rockstar Europe, US & Canada, & have had a positive response from them, they have asked that I make more suggestions for improvements! I will mention the interacting thing aswell.Whether they pay any attention is one thing, but they might, & thats worth it!

I sent them an e-mail after GTA3 came out, and I remember I said to them that they should allow you to use all weapons when in your car window, including melee weapons (how funny would it be to drive past and club someone in the back of the head?) and including rockets etc. Silly buggers didn't pay attention, and still you're limited to just 3 weapons, after years and years of development, this is the best they can do, it's worrying the amount of things they have ignored

That said - I still don't get tired of smashing up cars and running people over in the game

Great suggestions about the window shooting.Popping a grenade out the window as you drive past a gang would be priceless!

I honestly feel like they knew how much it was going to sell, irregardless of what it was like, & decided to take an easy ride with GTA4.Maybe next time they will put some effort into it.

I do also enjoy the jumps & driving around running people over, its hilarious! There is a game coming out in October that is apparently very similar, but possibly better, I cant remember the name of it.... I will find out & post it on here,

In a while crocodile

Saints Row 2? Yeah I am interested to see that, and also Mercenaries 2, which is slightly different as it is military, but is free-roaming carnage still.

You can drop grenades out the window in GTA4, which is cool, but still it's just the handgun, uzi and grenades, I don't know why you can't use any weapon you like

Yeah Saints Row 2, thats the one I am thinking of...

Will wait for it to be reviewed first before buying it I think, as returning games in the 30 days is not possible anymore if the shrink wrap is removed?

One game I am waiting for is Timesplitters on the PS3, probably one of my favorite game series ever!

Last game I played was Too Human. Almost bought it, but I'm trying to steer clear of TV and Video Games for now. Renting every now and then is ok but I'm saving my moneys.

It was a damn good game too. Lots of fun, Norse mythology, and good old fashion dungeon crawling, but with robots and lasers and tanks and guns and "Gods". Fucking awesome. Great storyline too, and it's going to be a trilogy of games.

I can't wait till Fallout 3 comes out. That should rock from what I've seen.

Hard much is it? I heard from the employee at Gamecrazy that it was Gory as hell.

So far I haven't given it a whirl yet. I've spun Agent 47 around some( So far on third mission ) and gave Dante a swirl( stuck on the dark night from the mirror ).

I believe I've played both those games before. Though long ago. They were only rentals then. I remember beating Devil May Cry in like half a day. Now that I'm replaying it. That shits hard. I may have accidentally picked the hard setting though. But man. That's one agile man.