10 reasons why the vegan diet will kill you

CollegeB

My first reaction to shit like this is usually anger. But then I think, "no publicity is bad publicity". And for every action there is an equal reaction, so I want to see more and more of this BS, which to me will indicate that we're making more progress towards veganism becoming more widespread. Who is the author btw?

I almost feel like replying to his article and posting links to other studies which disprove what he is saying, but I think he'd just ignore it. I love it how he is like "vegans aren't listening to me!". Ironic, as it's non-vegans who don't listen to vegans. I always have to listen to their point of view, and the things he says are nothing new, they're just ill-informed.

The saddest thing is that the majority of people will eat this up without asking any questions.

I've pretty much proven to every single person who has ever met me that a vegan diet can be and for the most part is(as long as you stay away from those vegan cupcakes) so much more healthy than any diet with meat and fish in it.

I actually ended up writing a blog entry about it, refuting each point except a couple. Points 5 & 6. 5 talks about a lack of certain nutrients. Obviously this can happen in any diet but I think many new people (myself included) are more likely to make that mistake early on until we figure out what we need to get those nutrients. But supplements can be used to adjust for those.

Point 6, "Vegan diets are usually extremely low in fats, some of which can help prevent inflammation, arthritis, and other degenerative diseases." seems like a good thing to me. I fail to see how this would cause an early death and if anything, would make the longer life easier.

I actually ended up writing a blog entry about it, refuting each point except a couple. Points 5 & 6. 5 talks about a lack of certain nutrients. Obviously this can happen in any diet but I think many new people (myself included) are more likely to make that mistake early on until we figure out what we need to get those nutrients. But supplements can be used to adjust for those.

But non-vegans are just as likely to make those mistakes. I don't think that a person who is early on in a vegan diet is more likely to be unhealthy than a non-vegan, statistically. All they've done is cut out meat, eggs and dairy; which were some of the most unhealthy things in their diet anyway!

Point 6, "Vegan diets are usually extremely low in fats, some of which can help prevent inflammation, arthritis, and other degenerative diseases." seems like a good thing to me. I fail to see how this would cause an early death and if anything, would make the longer life easier.

I think you've misread what he meant there. I think he is saying that a vegan diet has less of the supposedly beneficial fats than is required. I dunno where he gets that information from though.