which fruit contains all essential amino acids?

Hero

Does science really say raw food is bad? Show me THAT study...LOL

This board has been inspirational to me. Because of people like bigbwii, I keep reminding myself that the problem is not the raw food , it's my condition going in.

And I think the same aplies to the person that had trouble eating fruit. Fruit isn't bad, it's your digestive organs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board has been inspirational to me. Because of people like bigbwii, I keep reminding myself that the problem is not the raw food , it's my condition going in.

And I think the same aplies to the person that had trouble eating fruit. Fruit isn't bad, it's your digestive organs.

Your 100% right!!!

I've been saying that for years, a lot of people simply are not in good condition because of bad eating habits and poor lifestyle, I know people that just have bad/sickly genetics and their organs are weak like their parents due to bad eating and lifestyle habits.

It's not the food because animals in the wild do perfectly well on raw natural food, so why can't we, the reason why some of us can't is because we have been raised on cooked, refined, addictive and processed foods and need to cleanse and heal first!!!

Keep on doing your thing and be happy doing it!

Your 100% right!!!

I've been saying that for years, a lot of people simply are not in good condition because of bad eating habits and poor lifestyle, I know people that just have bad/sickly genetics and their organs are weak like their parents due to bad eating and lifestyle habits.

It's not the food because animals in the wild do perfectly well on raw natural food, so why can't we, the reason why some of us can't is because we have been raised on cooked, refined, addictive and processed foods and need to cleanse and heal first!!!

Keep on doing your thing and be happy doing it!

I agree with this

..if you eat fat you'll get fat Wink
really? Well, I eat a great amount of fat (healthy fat, that is) , and I can't say that I'm fat... It's more like "fat burns fat" than "if you eat fat you'll fet fat".

(sorry to take the discussion a little off-topic, but I just wanted to comment )

really? Well, I eat a great amount of fat (healthy fat, that is) , and I can't say that I'm fat... It's more like "fat burns fat" than "if you eat fat you'll fet fat".

(sorry to take the discussion a little off-topic, but I just wanted to comment )

Just like the dreaded Atkins diet proved (though in a horrible manner), you can eat great deals of fat and still manage to burn bodyfat. Eating fat does not = putting on fat. That's an old misconception that should be buried away, particularly after the Atkins craze did realistically show just how it can work. Again, this is not condoning an insane diet such as that which is based primarliy off animal products, just making a point that the notion is definitely old and can be put to rest. If you don't eat excess calories, you don't increase bodyfat, plain and simple. In fact, I lost the most weight years ago doing a diet that required me to takine in around 4 tbsp. of flax seed oil per day on top of the moderate fat diet I was already on. Having 100+g of fat per day didn't make me gain fat in the slightest - if you balance properly and keep things in check you can definitely play around with nutrient ratios and still do well.

Just like the dreaded Atkins diet proved (though in a horrible manner), you can eat great deals of fat and still manage to burn bodyfat. Eating fat does not = putting on fat. That's an old misconception that should be buried away, particularly after the Atkins craze did realistically show just how it can work. Again, this is not condoning an insane diet such as that which is based primarliy off animal products, just making a point that the notion is definitely old and can be put to rest. If you don't eat excess calories, you don't increase bodyfat, plain and simple. In fact, I lost the most weight years ago doing a diet that required me to takine in around 4 tbsp. of flax seed oil per day on top of the moderate fat diet I was already on. Having 100+g of fat per day didn't make me gain fat in the slightest - if you balance properly and keep things in check you can definitely play around with nutrient ratios and still do well.

I personally think, to bury that misconception, they should change the name of either dietary fat or bodyfat.

Ain't it funny, I'm the exact opposite, if I eat fats when I don't need it I get fat, well not fat as in obese but you know what I mean.

Ain't it funny, I'm the exact opposite, if I eat fats when I don't need it I get fat, well not fat as in obese but you know what I mean.

I know what you mean Big ! All you need to eat is 10% fats. Which come from fruits and vegetables !

I know what you mean Big ! All you need to eat is 10% fats. Which come from fruits and vegetables !

Yeah little or no fats works best for me personaly.

and how do you feel during winter. Personally, in the winter i feel the need of more raw nuts and fatty raw food. i don't know i just feel it. Also, there are less fruits in t he winter. Apples, oranges and kiwis...

Another thing is... Don't you feel energy slacks in the winter when you don't eat cooked? It feels like i'm going in hibernation when i eat raw for some days in the winter.

and how do you feel during winter. Personally, in the winter i feel the need of more raw nuts and fatty raw food. i don't know i just feel it. Also, there are less fruits in t he winter. Apples, oranges and kiwis...

Another thing is... Don't you feel energy slacks in the winter when you don't eat cooked? It feels like i'm going in hibernation when i eat raw for some days in the winter.

that's because of the lack of vitamin D. There's not much light here in the winter ! You should take a vacation somewheres warm. Or you can just get your mind to adjust to the dark climate !

I do. It's usually not cold enough to snow here, but it does go below freezing, I like raw in the summer, but when it cools down it doesn't feel right.

Yeah, that's what i feel exactly too. that's why i was wondering how can one maintain a raw diet during winter with no hot meals or even raw fats (nuts) and at the same time without feeling drained of energy...

Well, I don't think it's a great idea, but I know you feel raw is important. Maybe you could try more fatty foods, but if you feel like something warm, have some tea or some warm drink?

yeah, i think you're right. And maybe increase my exercise to burn that extra fat i may get in the winter

Health Freak. I feel this also. It gets cold here and it has already snowed once in the city. Especially during winter it feels my body needs much more food to stay active than usual.

So I gave my self some foods that I dont mind being heated during winter to eat. I may organic from scratch soup when I feel I need something, and I cook some potatos (easier to digest cooked than raw) and still feel wonderful.

I used to feel guilty by this but I started reading this web site:

http://www.beyondveg.com/

and it put the vegan/raw/veggie diet in perspective for me. How we should be the ones eating our food, and not the food eating us because of to many restrictions. ~shrugs~

But I do injest my fair share of oils and avocados during winter!