is Leucine vegan?

I don't see all that much sense in taking specific aminos. Take a good protein powder and stick with it. Some hemp, rice, pea and soy if it doesn't bug you is all you really need for bulking.

i thought i would try it as an experiment.

i know nothing is going to get me strong except intensity, eating right, and getting my sleep.

but...

my buddy travis said that while a lot of the powders, pills, and liquids are pointless, that as long as i'm doing what i should with the three main components, that

Leucine after the workout would help in recovery,

Creatine would help a little to gain mass, and

some kind of vegan weight gainer would help, well, gain weight.

I found good prices for the first two items, and have to place an order for Carnitine anyway (my dogs take it).

you think a straight protein supplement is better/more efficacious/more economical?

i know next to nothing intellectually about these things, and nothing experientially about them.

eta: i place some trust in what he's telling me, as he's among the smartest people i know, and is, hands down, the biggest and strongest person i've ever met.

tangent

i joke with him - we're programmers, and i'm trying to get all my coworkers to join the union. some people roll their eyes, and think 'yeah. how hard would it be to cross a picket line of programmers!?'. i tell him, that's why he has to join - to make our picket viable.

/tangent