Anyone going to the Olympia this year?

I realize it's not a very vegan-friendly event, but a bunch of people on the forum are into bodybuilding and may be attending.

So, is anyone here planning on going to the Mr./Mrs. Olympia contests in 7 weeks?

I don't think I'll be going but if some of you do, you should meet up and hang out, train together, get photos, etc.

I "might" consider it if I can find a place to stay for free or as little as possible. It's a fun environment there. I was there in 2004. I may have some other committment during those dates, in fact I'm pretty sure I'll be in California. I'll have to double check some things, but if I'm free, I'd "consider" it.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, he actuall WON in 2001 in EVERY category except the pose down. It was totally lame and he should have been Mr. O that year, and everyone knows it but because of politics in the sport, he came in 2nd again.....then took a year off from Mr. O to get better and was 2nd in 03,04,05 and finally won in 06.

It's usually really close between them. Often times it's obvious Ronnie should win, other times, very, very close, including in 2001 when Jay should have won.

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to the Mr. Olympia finals. I'm thinking of flying to Vegas Saturday morning, hanging out at the expo, and then watching the finals. Probably flying back that night.

Anyone else planning on being there?

Awesome man! I got your message but my phone is messed up at the moment so I couldn't respond.

Great! I wish I could go but I'll be speaking in San Francisco at the World Vegetarian Day Festival.

Dude, I might be back! I've trained 6 of the last 7 days, I'm watching a lot of bodybuilding videos, eating a ton, protein drinks everyday, etc.

Besides Me!

Have fun and say hi to Jay for me if you talk to him.

Man I would love to see Monica win Figure this year!!!

She's the sweetest, most gracious person ever! I so want to see her win this year.

Yeah Monica is awesome. I saw her a few months ago and I've watched her compete, and chatted with her a bunch of times.

Here is a recent pic taken a couple of months ago:

*Notice my shredded forearm is bigger than her upper arm*

http://a606.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_80a75791ab5f0668cefecbd9bb640275.jpg

I hope she does well. She's very nice.

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to the Mr. Olympia finals. I'm thinking of flying to Vegas Saturday morning, hanging out at the expo, and then watching the finals. Probably flying back that night.

Anyone else planning on being there?

Awesome man! I got your message but my phone is messed up at the moment so I couldn't respond.

Great! I wish I could go but I'll be speaking in San Francisco at the World Vegetarian Day Festival.

Dude, I might be back! I've trained 6 of the last 7 days, I'm watching a lot of bodybuilding videos, eating a ton, protein drinks everyday, etc.

Besides Me!

Have fun and say hi to Jay for me if you talk to him.

Nice!

I will be at the Olympia expo during the day, and I'll be watching the finals live and in person! Hanging out in Vegas for the night, and flying back Sunday morning. Arrangements have already been made. This was kinda spontaneous, but I'm really stoked!