fat loss

missv

Hi, I need advice on my diet - im 5'7 and want to lose 20 pounds, I have muscle, i need to lose the fat.... I have a shoot coming up in 8 weeks,

this is my plan: I cant have protein due to kidney probelms, i retain water very easily....

breakfast: apple and 5 almonds

lunch: large raw salad with sprouts and 1tsp flaxseed oil

dinner: large raw salad and steamed veg

snack: 15 almonds maybe some berries

I read eat to live - but dont do grains, tofu, soy, tempeh, protein powders..

Please coment, i dont mind losing some muscle, im doing a bikini shoot and as a model the agency doesnt care too much for muscle....

please advice...

thanks

vanessa

In order to lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks you will almost definitely lose muscle, so it's a good thing that you're okay with that.

I don't suggest losing more than 2 pounds per week but it's certainly possible, although not really with diet alone. Losing 2 pounds a week means you need to eat 1000 calories less than you expend. At your height, without knowing your current activity level (but guessing), you probably use about 2000 calories per day. If you try consuming only 1000 calories per day you will be malnourished and won't reach your goal anyway as your metabolism will reset itself to avoid starvation. So, what can you do?

You'll need to increase your physical activity a lot and decrease your calories. You can cut back on about 500 calories per day with more of a decrease on sporadic days (so your metabolism doesn't change for the worse). Spread your meals out over the day, eating about every 3 hours. Increase your aerobic exercise (and don't neglect weight lifting or you'll have even more muscle loss) to the level that you are burning an additional 500 calories per day.

You will have to be very dedicated to do this. Good luck!

I've found really pushing cardio helps with shedding the weight. I do an elliptical for about an hr 3x a week at a pretty hefty resistance setting. It's really helped me shed the pounds.

I'd say also don't under eat. If you get to the point where you are eating too infrequently or too little calories your body might think you are starving it and will start storing it rather than dropping it.

If you are retaining a lot of water try cutting way back on your salt intake and push the amount of water you are drinking. One tip I've taken away from the Vegan Vacation is to snack on Watermelon. Cut it in half get a spoon and enjoy. Tons of fluids, very filling and not a billion calories.

Thanks for the all advice!

Im doing cardio 3 days a week and 3 days full body resistant training.

What would you change in my diet? Add more of what? I dont want to eat too much fruit, and happy with lost of veg and raw salad. Should I add some egg white? fish?

Thanks for the all advice!

Im doing cardio 3 days a week and 3 days full body resistant training.

What would you change in my diet? Add more of what? I dont want to eat too much fruit, and happy with lost of veg and raw salad. Should I add some egg white? fish?

No don't add fish or egg to your diet. That food is very high in acid forming. Which your body will pay for it later...

add more high alkaline raw foods to your diet.. if you were to do cardio make sure you're eating before durning and after your workouts.. easy digestive fruits is my main energy !

I don't think you should ask vegans to recommend fish and eggs...

Looking at your diet, it seems you are STARVING yourself and are setting yourself up for some problems...there is very little food there.

What is that, 800 cals or something?

I don't think you should ask vegans to recommend fish and eggs...

Looking at your diet, it seems you are STARVING yourself and are setting yourself up for some problems...there is very little food there.

What is that, 800 cals or something?

I second that so much!

Eat more fruit. Avocados are fruit, too

Why don't you want to eat fruit?