The China Study strikes again!

bvp663

My parents luckily accepted my veganism wholeheartedly, but not without a lot of skepticism and joking every now and then. Well for my father's birthday I bought him a copy of The China Study so he could sort of understand where I'm coming from and also educate himself on aspects of nutrition. Well he finally read it while he was on vacation and came back a vegan!

It's only been 3 days and mom has been complaining and giving him grief, but he's been eating vegan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner since he got back. He even got some recipes of the internet for dinner ideas. Hopefully he'll continue to eat vegan and do it intelligently while I offer support and guidance (although my vegan diet isn't fantastic). Anyways, just wanted to share. More vegans! YAY!

I'd love for my parents to convert...good work!!! I think its gonna be a long time before my dad even considers it but maybe my mom will catch on in a few years.

I gave my mom The China Study for X-mas 2006 ... she's lost about 20#, dropped her blood pressure meds, gotten her blood sugar to normal levels (doc was calling her 'pre-diabetic') and cholesterol levels are way down too (doc was going to put her on medication for high cholesterol, as well).

Mother-in-law, however, refuses to read the book