Other means of getting relief from stress beside exercise...

arianna

This is an individual thing, really. I find cooking or any other hobby can help. I also like to do jigsaw puzzles - you cannot think about anything while doing a puzzle so I find it really helps to clear your mind.

If I'm at work or somewhere I need to destress quickly, stretching sometimes helps. Especially if I've been clenching my jaw or other muscles.

My job often get me stressed out, often I have no time left for exercises or meditations. I was just wondering if there are other ways to reduce stress? Please help.

A relaxing massage increases Parasympathetic Nervous System firing and is great for decreasing stress.

Plus you don't have to meditate for hours, you can just do some deep breathing at night in bed before going to sleep and a short meditation. You can probably buy a guided meditation CD even...or take yourself through one. You can tense up parts of your body and then relax them, starting with your feet and working superior section by section.

Bath with essetial oils, dried flowers, and candles.

You can put a stress reducing essential oil on a washcloth and use it on your body in the shower.

It is very importatnt to make time for yourself, find what works for you and do it. Stress can cause all kinds of illness, as I am sure you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I can actually believe this was not mentioned before. Breathe, number one thing, in through your nose and diaphram into your lungs second, out nose or mouth from lungs then diaphram. Also ask yourself what the words: Here and Now mean to you. For me if I am getting overworked about anything in general or I am thinking down a path that is not really going to help things like envy or greed or lust I take a breath and say those two words to myself. It brings me here: the state of actual reality and now: the presence of that reality in my mind. This is all so I can better understand what I am doing and how I am feeling.

My job often get me stressed out, often I have no time left for exercises or meditations. I was just wondering if there are other ways to reduce stress? Please help.

I get super stressed by work. I dont think there's anything better than some PHYSICAL ACTIVITY to get that NEGATIVE ENERGY - Stress, Tension (esp in back & neck) & other parts OUT - Be it running, working out or doing something like a Group X kickboxing class.

I used to work 10-16 hour days managing teams across a couple of continents esp .. odd times. The only thing I had on my schedule at the time that HELPED DeTox - DeStress was the following:

I had no mental focus & energy to follow a workout or even go running. Mentally DRAINED & BRAIN DEAD to do anything... but it was EASY TO FOLLOW the CROWD.

24 hr fitness:

6-7pm - Turbo Kickboxing

7-8pm - PiYo - Pilates Yoga

8-8:40 - Shower etc

Cook, Eat... Pass out or get on a late night conference call with the teams on other shores.