Mt.Washington

Harley

As some of you may know I was to race the Mt.washington hillclimb this weekend. Well I crashed on my bike 2 weeks ago, got a concussion, broke a thumb, tore my groin muscle and cracked a bone in my leg.

Did this keep me off the bike, no but I have been in a lot of pain.

Anyway, Dr's told me not to race but I was not going to listen.

I think God wanted me to listen because the weather was so bad they cancelled the race. This says it all:

http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13124.0.html

Hi Harley-

Sorry for your accident - ouch!

We were up there on Sat and saw some of the disappointed racers and volunteers at breakfast in N Conway. A couple of the volunteers said they were almost blown off the top of the mt. The racers were bummed, but what can you do? Mt Washington is its own planet as far as weather goes.

Hope you heal quickly!!!

Thanks for the well wishes but I was back on the bike the next day. I went to my holistic DC and she found a homeopathic remedy that has dramatically reduced the pain. It is amazing. Not only does it help with the pain but it increases the healing time. My regular dr gave me 6-8 weeks, she told me 2-3 weeks berfore I am completely healed and I believe it. I think i am almost 100%.

I will be climbing Mt. Fuji in a few days so that will be a good test.

I tell you I now know why just a groin pull causes NFL players to sit on the bench for 3-4 weeks. It hurts!!

I've had my share of groin issues and its no fun. Nice to see things went so well. Are you gonna have a camera with you on Mt. Fuji??? I'd love to give that a try. What kinda bike are you using???

Yeah Harley sorry about your accident they're not too good.

But from what I learnt is it makes you stronger then even before.

You're right, when you love something so powerful it's in your blood to do what you love the most..

I discovered that when I was hit by a car from riding my bike home from a race. It was a bad crash, I was in the hospital for a couple of days. I had internal injuries, a concusion, a messed up shoulder and leg. My mom thought I was nuts for going to the velodrome the day they released me from the hospital. Three months later, Im back together again Then last month I got a nasty road rash from catching someone's wheel in a points race. I'm still racing to this day !

I'm glad to hear about your story. Thanks for sharing

Tasha, great to hear you are back on the bike. I would love to get up to BC for some riding.

VP: You climb Mt.Fuji not bike it. It is pretty hard. I climbed it this past wednesday with 2 co-workers. They did not sumit but I did. I actually flew up the mountain I felt so good and strong. I think all my hard bike training paid off. However, today (it is friday in japan right now) my legs are so sore i cannot walk. They have NEVER been this sore in my life but it was an experience of a lifetime. It was really bad weather so the pictures may not be any good. When I get home I will try to post some here.

VP, I cannot really answer that because I felt fantastic.

My leg strength really impressed me.

I did get dizzy a little at the 12,000 ft mark but I took some Nux Vomica and within 2 minutes the headache and dizziness was gone and i was flying up the mountain again. Altitude hit me a little on the way down but again I took some more Nux Vomica and I was good.