updated before and after pics

So I bought some cute new gear on the weekend and wanted to take my pic in it. While I was at it, I thought I'd update my before and after shots. The first one is me at 138 pounds, about two years ago. The second one is me tonight. It's all attributable to diet and exercise!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/pamelaswitzer/newbeforeandafter.jpg

Wow! Awesome transformation! For those who don't know you on the forum or those who are new to the forum, you should share some info about the diet you've followed the past couple of years and a bit about your training as well. I'm sure many would love to have a transformation like that for themselves!

Thanks for posting this. Great stuff!!!

very nice! I read once when you lose weight like that and get in better shape to trash all your old clothes so they dont remind you of how you used to be and so you dont have the thought of trying to fit back into them. Once again, youve done a tremendous job with your body.

Thanks Robert, potter and Octopussoir.

I've started posting my daily food intake in my online training journal recently, which will give some idea.

Basically I started out with ellipticalling. I was absolutely, 100% dormant until then. I cut my caloric intake from about 2,500+ a day to 1,500-1,700 for a few months, and focused on trying to pack as much nutrition as possible into those calories. I kept track of my food on fitday.com to ensure I was meeting or exceeding the RDAs for everything, and tried to adjust my diet accordingly. After a few months I upped my calories a bit, and then a bit more as my metabolism revved up.

I didn't actually weigh myself for nearly nine months, which is when I learned I had lost about 15 pounds. I stayed at that weight for about a year until I started running this past May, at which point I lost another 15 pounds. I've since gained back two, but that's ok because some of the weight loss was from not eating during a stressful period. I also weight lift and stuff a couple times a week, whenever I'm not feeling lazy. :P I run about 30-35 km a week now and am training for a half marathon.

The staples in my diet are things like high fiber cereal and breads, rice and other grains, chick peas, lentils, and other legumes, soups, salads and wraps, broccoli, kale, and other vegetables (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, chard, zucchini), raw nuts, raw fruit (I graze on raw fruit most of the afternoon), tofu, tempeh, and every single day I have a green smoothie (two servings worth of salad greens, vega, soy milk, juice, banana, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry). I eat probably a few too many clif and luna energy bars, and Amy's burritos, but oh well. I don't drink anything that's not water, tea, or smoothie.

very nice! I read once when you lose weight like that and get in better shape to trash all your old clothes so they dont remind you of how you used to be and so you dont have the thought of trying to fit back into them. Once again, youve done a tremendous job with your body.

It's probably a good idea, but I'm too afraid to do it since I have already had to spend a small fortune on replacing my wardrobe TWICE. Having my weight loss divided into two 15 pound chunks necessitated that.

After the end of next semester I'm going to post some before and after pics from before I was vegan. Right now i'm out of shape and not very proud of my physique. All work and no lifting makes me a weak vegan.

Great progress! I hope to not necessarily drop weight but fit into clothes better so I really dig the whole not weighing yourself for 9 months idea. Very cool!

It's probably a good idea, but I'm too afraid to do it since I have already had to spend a small fortune on replacing my wardrobe TWICE. Having my weight loss divided into two 15 pound chunks necessitated that.

I thought I'd need to get a new wardrobe, but then I discovered the miracle of belts.

Your picture looks awesome though too.

Oh trust me I know the feeling. I went from a size 34 to a size 30 and had to buy all new jeans that were smaller cause all the others were falling off and looking all bunched up with a belt on. Also, if you can slowly but surely "donate" your old clothes then you def wont have any of the bigger sizes avail and will keep you motivated to stay where you are at,

• 3 months later...
pamela - i just saw your pics!!! i haven't been on in a while. you look fantastic!!! great job!! were you a vegan before losing wieght? what is your diet like now?

Thank you so much. I needed to hear something nice today.

I was vegan when I was heavier, but a junk food vegan. I didn't grow up eating fruits and vegetables so it took me a long time to figure out how to incorporate them into my diet. so when I first went vegan, I was all about the desserts.

I have been keeping a food log for the past few weeks that is pretty thorough regarding what my diet is like now. http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8735

That's great progress! I won't post any pics as i don't know how.LOL! But if someone can teach me how to post pics of myself i'll post some before and afters maybe in a few months.One of the trainers at the gym made a comment on me getting bigger but I haven't gained any wieght ever sense I turned vegan but I have gotten stronger so hopefully if he's telling the truth I'm gaining muscle

• 1 month later...

Hey! I know this an old thread, but what an amazing transformation! Congratulations!!!!! At first glance, I thought it was a picture of you next to your personal trainer. Then I noticed the "personal trainer" was also you. Wow! Very cool.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been on here in a while so I'm just seeing some of the newer comments now. Thanks everyone.

looks like you lost some years too

Thanks! I'm trying to reverse age myself.

Not much change physically for me in the past six months. I'm mostly trying to maintain my achievements. I have some plans for my arms, abs and legs though.