New to all of this

gymgirl

Hi there! I'm new to the site and new to the vegan lifestlye. I actually signed up on the site about a month ago when I first started making the transition, disappeared and now i'm back. I have been vegan for about a month now and I love it!

I live just outside Pittsburgh, PA and I enjoy weight training, runnning, biking, swimming, tennis, yoga... basicaly anthing that keeps me healthy and active. It's great to be back. The info on here is great!

Hello & Welcome Back!

Pittsburgh is my first choice for a city out east as a place to live. There seems to be good vegan options, plus several of our own forum folk including MichaelHobson & VeganMadre are there! Those two did (do?) vegan meet-up's in Pittsburgh & should be able to point in the direction of anything vegan ya need.

Welcome to our online community! Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy the forum, get to know members in your community and in general, I hope you like your time spent on here.

Our community gets getting bigger and better and we warmly welcome you to the team!

hi there! we (my husband and i) live about 10 min n. of the airport in hopewell. he is origianlly from brookline. i recogize your screen name.. your hushnad sent me a great link earlier and mentioned you were from the burgh.... which part are you from? how long have you been gone? any other suggestions for some of your favorite vegan restaurants? pttsburgh is slowly catching on, but i'm glad they are!!

hi there! we (my husband and i) live about 10 min n. of the airport in hopewell. he is origianlly from brookline. i recogize your screen name.. your hushnad sent me a great link earlier and mentioned you were from the burgh.... which part are you from? how long have you been gone? any other suggestions for some of your favorite vegan restaurants? pttsburgh is slowly catching on, but i'm glad they are!!

My family is from all over Pittsburgh...East Liberty (when I was a kid), Southside, I went to Duquesne and Point Park College. My extended family is all over the place. We also live in Cranberry about 20 min N of Pittsburgh.

I have been gone since 1994 but I have been back a few times since then. I am itching for a visit but with 5 of us it adds up.

I am not even sure about vegan restaurants there anymore. I have heard of some opening up since I have been there. I like the East End Food Co- op. Let me knoe what vegan things you like there!

thanks again for all the warm welcomes!!! it is so great to be here!!

lotus: the east end co-op!!!! i love that place. i go there on mad (memeber appreiciation day) and do all my shopping. i love their breakfast they have there. WONDERFUL vegan pancakes!! i'm just starting to find new places to go.. there are a lot of great indian rest. around and there are some new vegitarian/ vegan rest. pooping up. there is actually a new one on the south side and around the co -op. i cna't even think of the names right now... sorry i obviously haven't tried them out yet.

i'm one of those who grew up around here and never left. i grew up right outside of sewickely, went to geneva college (beaver falls) for undergrad and grad and bought a house in hopewell. i just wish we lived a little closer to the city, but we're not too far.. maybe 30 min. do you still have family here? w/ 5 i would say its difficulty to make it back. it sure has chnaged! i think for the better.

YAY a tennis player.. I'm a tennis fanatic. Anytime you wanna talk tennis, we can talk tennis. I like tennis. tennis tennis tennis

Tennis ? I always wanted to try it. But the tennis balls in Canada are made from wool. Are the balls over there Vegan friendly?