hey

dean

Well, robert looks like he could benchpress me with 1 arm so I figured I should do what he says...

Ok, so I was listening to NPR's talk of the nation and there was a discussion about growing industrialized hemp (rope, not dope) in the US and a caller mentioned something about hemp protein and I didn't even know there was such a thing (so much for being observant) and some random googling later I found this forum and have already had a few good chuckles and learned some info, note to self: try not to mention poop. I've been meatless for a few years but have recently been seeking something to round-out my diet and hemp protein seems like a most welcome addition. I don't want to be huge and carry extra weight but I do feel best with some muscle on me. And besides it is the trying that is satisfying.

For the longest time I "haven't cared" whether my mate were a meat eater or not but actually as I've become increasingly veg*n I've realized it does matter, point driven home when on recent date the very nice new potential informed me about being on the hi-protein/low-carb phase of a "diet" and waves of halitosis came to me from across the table, I said to self, "Self, this matters". So, as if pairing up wasn't already difficult. Sigh,...

I probably won't post much but I hope to read everything and of all the online diversions that one can be preoccupied by, a cruelty-free diet and overall health seem like a good thing to be surround with, eh?

hey.

heya dean! great intro. hilarious date story! my beloved is vegan and i can't imagine it being otherwise.

oh, and the poop thing made me think of this-

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5034/71610f1mdnlaa240yf4.jpg

I don't get how the apple fits in with the rest of those pictures

Welcome Dean! Thanks for following through....I've benched around 270 so take half of that and that is what I could do with one arm....so yeah, perhaps I could bench some people with one arm

Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy our online community and get to know other members. I hope we get more and more members from your area.

I'll be in San Fran for the World Vegetarian Day Festival at the end of September. Maybe see you there?

Welcome aboard!