Food PH lists

I have read a little on the Hay diet and PH balance of food. There seems to be some research to suggest that health does relate to our PH balance.

I want to start creating recipes utilizing the Hay's philosophy but need more information on food PH levels i.e. Acidic or alkaline. Google has only churned up contradicting lists. Who can be trusted to provide accurate information?

I am new to the forum and have to be honest i am not a true vegan at this stage. I am willing to explore all possibilities and like to think i can keep an open mind. If anyone can help with this query or have any other information that you think i might want to check out then let me know.

I've ordered the China Study from amazon. When i read it i will be as critical of the author as i would Atkins. What I mean is i won't take it for gospel. When i have finished Ill let you know what i think.

Many nuts and grains can create an acidic enviroment for the body to contend with. It is possible for a vegan diet to be as acidic as a meat eaters. I suspect that generally this is not the case but i have no evidence to confirm this.

My aim is to explore the many options available for diet and nutrition. I wish to experiment on myself a diet that will focus on PH Levels and raw food. However it wont be 100% raw or 100% alkaline forming or 100% vegan for that matter. I will be looking to build up a repertoire of recipes and then follow the diet properly for a period of 3 months documenting various parameters of health and mood. This won't be that scientific, im not a scientist. but i will post my finding on the forum. As far as science goes. I always ask myself this question. Can a study be truly objective? Does it take in to consideration all factors? Can we even be sure we are aware of all the factors?

Anyways thanks for the feedback guys. ill read the book as soon as I can. I still could do with some help on the food PH list problem though.

IMO it is a good idea to experiement on yourself what diet works best for you. Many rawfoodists do this.

Maybe [ur=http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/acid-and-alkaline-substances/acid-base-balance.htmll]this[/url] will provide some useful info to you.

Btw: You are correct that a high-nut-high-grain-vegan-diet is acid-formin. But i think cooked meat and other non-vegan animal products are stronger acid-formers. So going vegan and eating high raw/high fruit/vegetable will be best concerning the intake of acid-forming foods.

All the best on your journey.

I've ordered the China Study from amazon. When i read it i will be as critical of the author as i would Atkins. What I mean is i won't take it for gospel. When i have finished Ill let you know what i think.

Good. You should ALWAYS be critical to ANYTHING you hear in the "nutrition business". 95% of everything you read will be more or less BS. According to me the BS-factor of the China Study is as good as it comes. Everything is backed up. Fuhrman is also pretty close even though he happens to sometimes (not often) say thinngs that he doesn't back up (or backs up loosely) with good studies.

Edited by offense74