Vegan cake - what's the best place to order?

mihai_vegan

Hi guys. First of all let me clarify some things. I'm not vegan, but my girlfriend is. I respect her beliefs and although i do agree with them i haven't chosen to be vegan yet. Anyways on her birthday i ordered her a chocolate cake from Flying Apron bakery in Seattle. The cake looked really good, it tasted ok, but it crumbled like crazy. It was horibble.

What do you guys recommend? Is there any places in WA or OR that i would be worth getting a cake from in the future? or is ther a good website? I just want the cake to look, taste and hold togheter like a real cake.

thanks

Stickyfingers is the best. They are out of DC but they ship anywhere. I've had great cakes while I was in Portland but none of them can compete with Stickyfingers. They are by far the best.

i had flying apron chai cake for my graduation. it was a total flop! it was expensive too. i felt like i had to reconstitute it with soymilk just to make it edible.

as far as vegan sweets in portland go, the places i know of are sweetpea (they make amazing cupcakes; i can vouch for that) and black sheep. but i'm not sure if black sheep does cakes, but either way it's a place to start.

I usuallly go to Whole Foods, and at their bakery they have 2 vegan chocolate cakes. One is a regular chocolate,and the other is a german chocolate cake. Make sure if they write something on the cake that they melt vegan chocolate to use for icing,as their other cake icings have dairy. I don't know if all Whole Foods stores are equal,but hopefully one in your area has the vegan cake. It also costs less than 20.00