Gemma Protein Isolate. Anyone try it yet?

sugapablo

Well... yes, if your going to compare it to Pure Advantage, then yes, it is much better.... but LOVING IT??? I don't think I could ever say that about it. LOL.

Guess I'm just not a Pea Protein isolate fan. I will choke it down though. And I will buy more cuz its cheap.

And yes, Zack, I do water with no more than 1/4 cup of soymilk and sometimes a small amount of frozen fruit. I can't do a full on smoothie with juice and everything cuz I'm watching my carb count. Gotta lean up!!!

And yes, Zack, I do water with no more than 1/4 cup of soymilk and sometimes a small amount of frozen fruit. I can't do a full on smoothie with juice and everything cuz I'm watching my carb count. Gotta lean up!!!

You have my sympathy....

and my respect...

I could never do such a thing.

I have to say two things.

1.) I need to try this gemma stuff because the price of pure advantage is pretty high!

2.) I love the pure advange pea protein . . try this . .. it'll knock your socks off.

4-6 oz of water

1 scoop of pure advantage pea protein

1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or more if your like me)

1.5 tbls of natural peanut butter

Combine all ingredients and mix in a wide cup until you get the most delicous protein PUDDING! The key is using just the right amount of water. You want pudding. I like it really thick so I can chew it. Remeber wit the water . . . you can always add . . . but you can't take away!

The isolate doesn't have all that much flavor, nothing worse than soy really. Just using the flavor pack in the ratio suggested and adding in some cinnamon makes it taste great to me. I usually at least put in a banana, though. I think I am going to try that pudding idea with Gemma, sounds good.

I have to say two things.

1.) I need to try this gemma stuff because the price of pure advantage is pretty high!

2.) I love the pure advange pea protein . . try this . .. it'll knock your socks off.

4-6 oz of water

1 scoop of pure advantage pea protein

1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or more if your like me)

1.5 tbls of natural peanut butter

Combine all ingredients and mix in a wide cup until you get the most delicous protein PUDDING! The key is using just the right amount of water. You want pudding. I like it really thick so I can chew it. Remeber wit the water . . . you can always add . . . but you can't take away!

I don't know about the flavorings from true protein, but you've given me some great pudding ideas for my Gemma!

I'm going to play around with soymilk instead of water and see how it goes. Shakes are all I drink for protein so I'm dying for some variety. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Does anyone know where the "flavors" are derived from? Are they "natural flavors" or not. Just curious to know before I buy. I could just buy the plain but that doesn't sound as good as bananas n' cream or forbiddn fruit punch.

They are supposed to be all artificial according to the forums.

Shakes are all I drink for protein so I'm dying for some variety.

This is the exact reason that I started doing it. Soymilk sounds like a great way to add even more options. Esp. since now the holidays are coming and the soy milks start to come in really weird (but good) flavors. Like chocolate peppermint.

Got 2 lbs of the stuff the other day. The orange obsession (or whatever the name is) and the chocolate banana. I've had the orange before but the choc one is fantastic. Put a little chocolate soy milk in there for added intense flavor. They are good plain too. I got stevia and it does make some difference. Get some!!!

Okay, I'm truly getting used to the taste of my Gemma.

Gimmie more Gemma!!!! Ha, ha.

My nutrition program has me on a bazillion shakes. Sometimes I get fruit, somtimes I get water only. And did I mention I orderd my Gemma PLAIN!!!

Actually I'm glad I did cuz I can get alot more creative.

Here's some combos I've been doing.

Scoop Gemma

Stevia

Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup

Ice and Water

Scoop Gemma

Soy Slender Sugar Free Chocolate Soymilk

1 tsp Flax

1/2 banana

Ice (Yum, Yum, Yummy Yum)

Scoop Gemma

Vanilla Extract

1/4 cup Vanilla Soymilk

1/4 cup Frozen Strawberries

Teeny Amount Stevia

1/2 cup water and ice

Also tried a Chocolate Soymilk Frozen raspberry Gemma combo.

I also had a Chocolate Soymilk, Peanut Butter One but my trainer didn't include peanut butter

I used to ALWAYS buy my protein powder plain and flavor it myself when I was non-vegan with all kinds of fun stuff. I can't wait to discover more yummy Vegan stuff I can put in.

I need a Vegan butterscotch flavor to replace the sugar free butterscotch pudding mix I used to add back in the day

• 1 month later...
In regards to pea protein in general, does it contain all the different amino acids or do you have to get anything that's missing from another source each day?

Greg

I do believe that pea protein is a 'complete' protein, so it will contain all of the essential amino acids you'll need; but as with any 'complete' protein there are going to be certain amino acids of which it will contain too little or too great of to be 'ideal'. A good way to compensate for this is to combine multiple protein types in an effort to find that elusive 'ideal' amino acid profile.

I've read that hemp, rice, and pea together in the right proportions have a very nice amino acid profile, so a combination of the three may be worth looking into. I personally take a combination of hemp and rice. 'Vega' (the whole food meal replacement), has a combination of hemp, rice, and pea (and a few other sources of aminos also) and I consume this stuff daily.

Edited by TheLeetOne

• 2 weeks later...