Please watch this film.

andesuma

i have heard of the film, and some of its positions before.

have you heard of Bostrom's Simulation Argument, though? it sort of explains everything -

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

here's the abstract. i promise you, when you think about it, and the do some extensions of it, it gets a little weird.

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

i have heard of the film, and some of its positions before.

have you heard of Bostrom's Simulation Argument, though? it sort of explains everything -

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

here's the abstract. i promise you, when you think about it, and the do some extensions of it, it gets a little weird.

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

xveganjoshx knows some about this. We talked about it when I was visiting him.

thinking about that stuff makes me feel as though i've fallen down the rabbit hole.

my view of the universe is tending towards thinking there's no such thing as time, and that the universe is a solid, static N-dimensional mass, where N>=4, of which we experience a series of 3-brane slices. it makes sense to me, but sometimes thinking too much about it makes me feel weird.

Edited by the Asocial Ape

Hopefully we do something before it comes to that.

THAT is what Zeitgiest is trying to get across to everyone.

WE are the ones who need to change this.

WE are the ones to need to take action to change this.

WE have the POWER, and we need to take care of each other.

On of my favorite quotes, and I forgot who said it but...

it is

"What if there was a war, and no body went.."

The only thing that is going to be difficult is mass awakenings,

this needs to happen by the millions, but I see it starting everyday,

people trying raw veganism out that were hardcore carnivores,

people seeing things and questioning things because they feel it in

their heart.

It is stirring, we need to be the catalyst though.