New sugar substitue

hsorlando

There's a new sugar substitue that you can get at Whole Foods. I'ts called Zsweet, and I've been trying to find out if it's there's ever been any animal research on it? Does anyone know about this product, the sweetener they use is erythritol,and it comes from fruits mostly, I think. I know that Splenda, Sweet N Low, and Equal all have used animal research. The only other sweeteners I know of that are ok are Stevia, and Agave, but I'm not thrilled with their taste. Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...

It's one of the sugar alcohols, similar to xylitol... I've heard good things about it, but that it's expensive.

I quite like xylitol, but either xylitol or stevia has given me an itchy rash, so both are banned for me until this goes away (then I can test to see which it was.)

I think it was the stevia ... stevia is in the ragweed/daisy family and can trigger an allergic response if you're allergic to those plants.

Not really related to the sweetener question ... but happily enough neither stevia nor xylitol gave me that rash... itchily enough, it is pityriasis rosea.

and that lasts for around 6-8 weeks.

I paid around $14 for 3 pounds of xylitol (Now Foods brand, bought from iHerb.com)

Not really related to the sweetener question ... but happily enough neither stevia nor xylitol gave me that rash... itchily enough, it is pityriasis rosea.

and that lasts for around 6-8 weeks.

I paid around $14 for 3 pounds of xylitol (Now Foods brand, bought from iHerb.com)

I just bought Xylitol Toothpaste. Xyliwhite. I hope it works. Kiss my face did not work ;-;.

As for the sugar substitute. As long as it is gauranteed healthy and better than regular sugar. I don't like sweetners like Asparatame or Splenda.