Why does it seem so hard to write an introduction?

JackinForSweets

Hello! My name is Christina, I'm 28 yrs old and the mother of a 4 1/2 yr old little boy. I have been vegetarian since I was about 15/16 yrs old and vegan since I was 19/20 yrs old. I joined this forum to learn more about exercise and proper nutrition. My main goal is to lose a significant amount of fat so that I can enjoy an active life a little more.

I gained a significant amount of weight when I went vegan. I don't blame the vegan diet, I blame my poor food choices, an inactive lifestyle and using food as comfort when I was stressed or sad. The weight has slowly crept up on me over the past few years and combine that with work, school and raising a child, well, I just haven't focused on taking care of myself at all.

I want to change that. My goal is to lose a significant amount of fat and gain some muscle through proper diet and exercise. I have started to slowly get into exercising at the gym and now I go about 4-5 days a week. I do some light weight lifting but nothing too serious since I am a total beginner. I have started to jog on the treadmill also and I never thought I'd admit it but I LOVE to run!

I look forward to meeting some new people and reading about how other people are accomplishing their goals!

Welcome Christina!

Thanks for the intro and thank you for joining our online community! We have a great group here and you can get all your questions answered by our members.

A lot of people here are very goal-oriented as well so we all feed off of each other and we grow and accomplish things all the time.

Enjoy the forum. All the best and welcome aboard!

Hi Christina,

I just read your intro. I'm a new member too.

How are you doing with your fitness/weight loss goals? I know that when I became a Vegetarian/Vegan, I really had to watch my carbs. Alot of people can eat whatever they want and their body will burn it, but I could do 3 hours of cardio a day, and still gain weight if I'm not watching my carbs.

Hope you are staying on track with your goals! Good luck