Gorilla Greens

Guest Bikerdave

Carrot juice is closest of all of the liquids to human blood.

LMAO!!!!!! That is hysterical! I wish I had read if before yesterday. I'm in an OR yesterday when the surgeon asked my to hang a unit of blood. I would have loved to see the look on his face if I said "Hey, how about if we just infuse the carrot juice from my lunch sack?"

Please, Please, Please tell me where you read that!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes those amino acids essential??? Just because we can't make these amino acids doesn't mean they are "essential". Essential should mean amino acids we need. Who says we need every amino acid known to man? This is a crazy idea. The fact that we can't make them means nothing. We can't make mercury either but do you need to consume it. We don't make bovine growth hormone but it would make us all stronger so it that essential?

Any nutrient "essential" to human health is one that our bodies cannot produce. There are 9 essential amino acids, as previously stated, although cysteine can fulfill some methionine requirements and tyrosine can fulfill some phenylalanine requirements.

Omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids are other examples of essential nutrients - our bodies cannot produce them on our own so we need to ingest them. The same goes for all minerals and most vitamins.

LMAO!!!!!! That is hysterical! I wish I had read if before yesterday. I'm in an OR yesterday when the surgeon asked my to hang a unit of blood. I would have loved to see the look on his face if I said "Hey, how about if we just infuse the carrot juice from my lunch sack?"

quote="DV"]

The carrot juice was the humor part of my post, I think that some of the other readers may think that I am being serious about some of this stuff ???

When really I'm having fun and jesting .... Hey guys, I'm kidding about some of this stuff you know ???

The carrot juice was the humor part of my post, I think that some of the other readers may think that I am being serious about some of this stuff ???

When really I'm having fun and jesting .... Hey guys, I'm kidding about some of this stuff you know ???

I really doubt that was humor, but whatever. I have read the same, by Dr. Norman Walker. His stuff is VERY dated though and a lot of it is not based on accurate science at all.

Chlorophyll is supposed to be close in composition to human blood, except the center atom is magnesium instead of iron.. Does that mean it helps our blood at all, who knows?

I really doubt that was humor, but whatever. I have read the same, by Dr. Norman Walker. His stuff is VERY dated though and a lot of it is not based on accurate science at all.

Chlorophyll is supposed to be close in composition to human blood, except the center atom is magnesium instead of iron.. Does that mean it helps our blood at all, who knows?

It was humor and sarcasm, I heard that carrot juice thing years ago and the Norman Walker books is where I heard it. I called the organization putting out Norman Walkers books to verify his age and they could not.

I really thought that was funny how they made all of those claims, but when I called them on them, they backed down. By the way, I appreciate all of the responses to my threads, but I have to say that I am biased toward DV as they are an actual nutritionist, and most all of the rest of us aren't including me.

Yes, this is definitely an interesting thread.

Just to clarify, in case anyone thinks I am a nutritionist - I am not. My undergrad degrees are in Biology and Nursing and my masters is Nursing Anesthesia. My minors include nutrition but that doesn't mean I can put any snazzy nutritional initials after my name. However, I probably do more continuing education conferences and reading than many nutritionists, almost as much as my professional continuing ed. So, full disclosure on my credentials.

In order to get all of the amino acids that you need, you cannot eat only fruits. Fruits only supply a small part of what we need on the way of animo acids, and 9 amino acids that are essential cannot be produced by the body. They are, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, histidine, valine and phenylalanine. Never give your body what it craves because it does not know. It can crave a cigar or red meat, that is why It takes conscious thought to provide the body with what it needs. Let me give you an example, when we crave sweet things or salty things, that is the body's response to Pica, a mineral diffiency. Supplying the body with minerals will remove the cravings. There is no way possible to pull nutrients out of the ether ... they must be supplied in order for the mitochondria to have the building blocks that they need. It's just like putting gas in your car. Carrot juice is closest of all of the liquids to human blood. Always juice carrots with apples together and in as close to the same weight as possible, as the enzymes in apples remove the nutrients from the carrots, and make them more bio=available to the body's cells. Always drink the juice within 5 minutes or the enzymes will be dying and the juice will not be nearly as chemically active. Here is a list of fruits and vegetables that supply all of the animo acids. Juicing them will be easier to consume them, as most of the work of digestion has been completed. LIST; Apples, Carrots, Romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, Beet tops, Red cabbage, Green pepper, Endive, Escarole. Add one medium apple for each glass when juicing.

Eat potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, Broccoli, Brussels sprout, and squash. It takes, the consumption of everything that I just listed in order to get all of the amino's that our body needs, and remember 9 amino acids need to come from outside the body, our body cannot produce them. Hope this helps?

Well what happens to people like me that don't crave sweets or salt????

All I'm eating is fruits, so they must be doing me some good...eh!

Plus when you say amino acids are you meaning protien?

Another question, have you ever gone 100% raw for any longer than a year if you have you should have a better understanding when it comes to cravings.

Anyway I'm not getting at you, I'mjust bored and thought I'd join in for a bit.

I'm off now, gotta go workout, see ya!

I have to admit that I am taking much of my information out of text type material, so don't worry about offending me at all. It's the doctors that wrote the books that might offended, but I doubt that any of our opinions matter to them anyway ....

I have to admit that I am taking much of my information out of text type material, so don't worry about offending me at all. It's the doctors that wrote the books that might offended, but I doubt that any of our opinions matter to them anyway ....

Hey no worries and your right, no body really gives a "gosh, darn, tooting" what we think!!!

Any nutrient "essential" to human health is one that our bodies cannot produce. There are 9 essential amino acids, as previously stated, although cysteine can fulfill some methionine requirements and tyrosine can fulfill some phenylalanine requirements.

Omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids are other examples of essential nutrients - our bodies cannot produce them on our own so we need to ingest them. The same goes for all minerals and most vitamins.

I know they are called essential because we can't produce them but I don't think they should be. I just don't think that not being able to make something means we should try to find a whole source for it...or even require it at all. I'm not saying we don't need those 9 amino acids that we can't make but I'm also not saying we need all of them either. I can imagine there are a few amino acids that we don't make that really do nothing for us relative to another amino acid.

Actually the only KNOWN naturally occuring liquid that can be and has been used for blood transfusion because it has the same composition as human blood plasma is Coconut Water.

Actually the only KNOWN naturally occuring liquid that can be and has been used for blood transfusion because it has the same composition as human blood plasma is Coconut Water.

Any evidence for this?

Yeah that seems quite odd to me too. Blood is loaded with iron and many many other things...coconut water has no iron, very little sodium and isn't even romotely like blood. It may be as thick but thats it.

Yeah that seems quite odd to me too. Blood is loaded with iron and many many other things...coconut water has no iron, very little sodium and isn't even romotely like blood. It may be as thick but thats it.

Not exactly Blood... But Blood Plasma. And the fact that it is PURE enough to be used intravenously.

In emergencies during the World War II it was used on islands my medics in case of emergencies.

WikiPedia and other sources that I looked it up at.

PS: I never said it was replacing blood. Merely, that it was one of the rare naturally occuring liquids that could be used for such a purpose because of pH / composition and purity due to the sealed shell.