protein shake after waking up in the morning?

lelle

after waking up in the morning there is nothing more ing for me than eating. so I tried having a protein shake (rice/soy milk mixed together with 2 heavily piled spoons of protein powder, one spoon of flax seeds and some dextrose mixed together).

is that a bad idea? sure, it's better than having nothing for breakfast - but I wonder if it makes sense having a shake that early in the day

I would pass out if I waited until 9 am to eat! I'm asleep by 9 or 10 pm and up at 4:30 am. Many times I have a smoothie with fruit and some type of protein powder on-the-go whether I'm hungry or not. If I waiting a full 12 hours between meals then I would worry about losing muscle mass. Additionally, studies have shown numerous negative effects from not eating breakfast. Just my 2 cents!

I would pass out if I waited until 9 am to eat!

ditto. i freak out when i'm hungry, like so bad my wife carries around snacks for me, just so i won't turn into a monster. i become cranky, tired, a pretty much an ass. it's not low blood sugar. i've tested my fasting glucose levels, and they were fine.

it's some kind of psychological thing. i worry if the fridge and pantry aren't stuffed with food. i even have to make sure the dogs and cats have many days worth of food cooked up.

i don't believe in reincarnation or past lives, but if i did, i'd think it was either some kind of karmic thing (like maybe burning off karma from a life of gluttony) or that i starved to death in a previous life.

after waking up in the morning there is nothing more ing for me than eating. so I tried having a protein shake (rice/soy milk mixed together with 2 heavily piled spoons of protein powder, one spoon of flax seeds and some dextrose mixed together).

is that a bad idea? sure, it's better than having nothing for breakfast - but I wonder if it makes sense having a shake that early in the day

I wouldn't put flaxseed oil in that shake.

Don't mix carbs and fat.

I don't use flaxseed oil, I put pure flax seeds in the shake.

today I had no breakfast because I had 2 huge meals in the night, so I ate 3 bananas and an energy bar in school together with bottle of cola-mix. about 2,5 hours without food in the morning, too much I guess (at least my stomach told me that )

Because a great mix of protein, carbs and fat is a great way to gain fat and not muscles. Thats why.

You should combine fat+ protein, and carbs+protein meals. Fat in carbs+protein meal should not go over 10g and that goes also for fat+protein, carbs in those meals shouldn't go over 10g.

Because if you have large quantity of fats and carbs, your carbs gonna increase insulin in your body and rapidly storage fat in your cells.

Also if you eat M&Ms and then drink Dr. Pepper, you will explode.

Where do you get these numbers Neven? The only place I've seen figures like this is in Bodybuilding magazines which are more or less worthless for healthy nutritional information, especially if you don't use dairy. Look at the commercials in those magazines and then read the articles. See a connection?

As for me I cannot wait until 9am or 10am to eat. I start work at 4am and end work at 9am every morning and then I have a second job which usually starts at 10 am. I wake up every morning and do my daily routine, Prepare my lunch so I can have it before my second job. But I do not eat until I am about to go to work so I am not weak and slughish.

My typical breakfast consisted of Organic cold cereal, Soy Milka nd Soy Powder. But I am looking into ditching that for 100 percent organic fresh fruit smoothie with maybe a touch of organic soy beans blended in the blender( Or maybe a powder but I'd rather use whole foods so I can wash them)

But I do recommend eating efore work, before a workout and after a workout. My diet is no whear near complete. It will always be changing.

But yeah I don't see anything wrng in eating in the morning. Just don't eat anything too flamboyant.