HSOrlandos 2013 Journal: Being vegan in a non vegan world

OK, well not really I went to the bank before my workout, and it is definitely considered fraud. The bank guy said they will def catch the person, and the person will probably get jail time, since this is a federal offence. It's probably some stupid kid with too much time on his or her hands.

So then I went to the gym and did Muscle Toning. I was hoping that I'd bump into the right person there, and get my start date. But I'm still waiting, and unless there's something in my background check that I've forgotten rofl, I'll be starting my training as soon as they get the ok.

Breakfast: oatmeal with banana

Lunch: salad

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how they got my card. The person at the bank said it looked like they were all online purchases. So my guess is that somehow someone got my info off the computer, probably some kid with too much time to spare.The scary prt is I went to check my account online, and it said I had to reset my password because I had gotten it wrong too many times. And that was the first time that I''d gone to check it, and I know my password. So it looks like the person also tried to get into my bank account info, besides using the card. Anyway going to the bank this morning to fix the problem.

I'm also still waiting to hear when I start at the Y. The guy that hired me said in a perfect world it would have been last Friday, but what's another week, since I've been waitng so long anyway. Not quite sure if that means he thinks it'll be a week or not.

I ran tonight for 3 miles, and cooled down for half a mile after that. I'm hoping that I can add more mileage, whatever it is, every week now that I am finally getting used to the weather. Tomorrow I may take off, as I have to be there Thursday very early to work.

I am definitely contemplating a change to my workout. Perhaps it's because I read about how much people are lifting on this website idk, and the results they are getting. Anyway I really like the Body Pump, and Step group classes, so I will probably keep doing them. I will also continue to run three times a week. Other than that I will most likely add a few weight training days to my schedule. I believe my position at the gym will inspire me to train harder, which is what I need. I also really need to eat cleaner, which is the hardest thing for me, mainly because I live with other people, including two small children. I'm not making excuses, I just need to take action, and make it happen. Sound familiar!

I woke up today at 3:30 am, is that considered morning or night? One news channel said nightly news, another said morning news. I had some berry vega, and got ready for work. For some weird reason I was very cold, I have no idea why, probably nerves, that I would have rather had something hot to eat.

The day went pretty fast. I only got a 15 minute break, and I got off at 12:15pm. It was interesting seeing the behind the scenes of the gym, and how it works/runs. I don't have too many hours yet, but I think I'll get more as they learn that I'm a hard worker.

I didn't workout today, but tomorrow I'm off at 10 am, and definitely going for a run. Then probably do some sort of weight training. It will be hard working out right after I get off, but I'll get used to it.

change is good. Haven't you been toying around with the idea of lifting weights since Rob and you trained together a couple of weeks ago? Have you been following some sort of regime focused around those type of movements you last spoke about like sled press, etc etc...?

'm happy to hear about your newfound job and that you are fully involved and all about it, very excited for you.

I'm sorry, I just had to say this because it drives me nuts but everytime I see your journal or someone or I use your name it reminds me of that Eminem song and it just proceeds to repeat over and over again. 'I heard Hayley's name on the song and I just lost it', what's worse is now that i am writing this thought down, other Eminem songs are popping up in my head. lol i'm a weirdo what can i tell ya?

I think Eminem spells it differently. At least I hope he does. Today after work, I ran. It was about 10:15 am, but at least the sun went behind the clouds for part of the run. I actually ran the whoole time, not slowing down to a walk at any point. I did about 3 miles then cooled down for half a mile. Then I trained biceps, and triceps, 3 sets of everything, and I superset them.

standing bicep curls: 20reps@8 pounds

standing tricep kickbacks: 20reps@8lbs

seated bicep curls with a twist: 15 reps @8lbs

bodyweight tricep dips:15 reps

seated hammer curls: 8reps@10lbs

skullcrushers/tricep extentions: 8 reps@10lbs

standing bicep curls wide grip: 8reps@8lbs

overhead tricep extentions: 8reps@8lbs

I was so tired by the end that I didn't quite complete my last few tricep extentions

Then I did 100 various ab exercises and a quick stretch

Thanks, I'm finally beating the humidity lol, or at the very least not letting it slow me down to a walk. The job is going well. It's everything, and more than I thought it would be. I truly love being there, and for the most part the other employees feel the same way I do. My first day I was learning the ropes so to speak, and I was quite horrified when I had to weigh myself on the doctors scale, right in front of the group exercise director. Don't ask why. But at least it only said 140lbs, and I was wearing shoes so that added a few pounds to my weight. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get more hours somehow, right now I'm getting twenty, I need closer to 30 at least.

I feel terrific, except for my aching feet. I've always had feet issues when I had to be on them for extended periods. Anyway today I got to sleep in until 5:40 am, because the YMCA opens two hours later on Saturdays. After work I was going to do some weights, but I ended up only doing 20 minutes of cardio on an Arc trainer, because of time, my feet, and no energy due to no money for food. Anyway tomorrow I am off, but will go and spend the afternoon at the gym for Step, and Body Pump. This morning I was thinking I didn't push myself enough on triceps,and biceps yesterday, but now I am finally feeling some muscle soreness in my triceps. I also had two very nice c=omments at the gym today. The first one was from a lady that is in excellent shape, she's a bit older, but you can tell she lives at the gym. She commented on my muscle tone, so I guess I am getting more muscle or losing some body fat finally. Another woman was very encouraging about my goal to be a trainer. The only part of my day that I didn't like was going up and down the ladder/stairs to the raquetball loft. There's this stair case that more or less resembles a ladder that you have to climb to look over one of our racquetball courts, and the steps are very thin. Like I said it looks more like a ladder, but unless you want to fall and kill yourself you have to walk down the stairs like normal steps. Anyway I was hanging onto the sides for dear life when I climbed them multiple times today while doing my counts of the memebers. No one else likes this scary staircase either.

Yeah, compliments from strangers are very nice, when they come from family however you have to wonder if they're just saying it to be nice lol. I counted my hours again for next week, after I finally had some decent sleep. And it totals up to 27 hours not 20, I must have not counted one of the days the first time. It will actually be a few more as I have to go to a job orientation thing on one of my days off. I'm definitely gonna be extremely careful when I use the stairs of death ha ha. I think that's what I'll call them for now on too.

I have no life lol! I can already tell I will now be at the YMCA every single day this week! And I'm certain this won't be the only week this happens. Today I did Step, learned some new crazy moves, and then did Body Pump. I went with 45 pounds for squats, but the track we did wasn't to difficult, because I wasn't as tired as usual, even though I'm not eating right. For chest I managed to use a 25 lb barbell and almost got through the 5 minutes and 9 seconds without stopping. I was definitely shaking at the end though. Everything else stayed the same, and I think I am continuing to progress. Tomorrow I work for 5 hours, then I plan on doing a bit of cardio on an AMT machine, and then some weights. I'll just have to wait an insane amount of time since the AMT is a popular piece of equipment and there's only three of them. It's somewhat like an elyptical, but you can do a lot more than just that movement. As far as eating goes, I won't be posting a lot about what I'm eating at the moment. Let me just say I am not a big fan of bread, but right now I am eating way too much of it because it's relatively cheap.

Decided to take the day off from working out. Feel really good, which is strange because I'm eating terribly. Maybe it's a high from finally landing a position at the gym, anyway everything is great! Oh and I took care of my bank problem, so I feel like I''ve gotten a fresh start with my job, and opening a new bank account etc.

Breakfast: 820 am- finally after a few hours at work I got a chance to sit down and eat my two bananas, also had three cups of coffee with silk creamer and some stevia

Lunch:12pm- creamy peanut butter and natural blackberry fruitspread on wheat bread, and a few pretzel sticks, ice tea

6 weeks is much worse than 2 weeks...congratulations for being able to get back into it!

I did an hour and a half of cardio...I was just like " can't lift gotta run"!! So any plastic surgery and you can't do any excercise for 6 weeks hmmm.....on that show total makeover they make those people work out alot...and not even let them recover.

The plastic surgery was an abdominoplasty. It was pretty much to get rid of excess skin, it was the only way I could get rid of it, there was too much. Anyway I found out about a less intense form of surgery called liposelection, smaller incisions, etc, and less recovery time. But it was still six long weeks, the other form of surgery would have been a lot longer recovery probably like 12 weeks. Anyway it truly was great to get back to the gym after that. I was also told by the surgeon that I had great muscle tone under the excess skin. Usually after they remove the extra skin they have to pull the abdominal muscles tight, but he didn't need to touch mine. He even said they were probably better than his, and this doctor looked great, very athletic, and fit. Don't know if I believe him, but at least I knew I was doing something right. Anyway now that everyone knows I did this I just have to say I'm glad I did, because it gave me a new lease on life, and helped bring me closer to my goal. I worked out so hard for so many years and never got any results with my abs, and always had a big stomach until I did the surgery. Some people will say I didn't work hard enough, but they don't know how many times I got upset over this issue. I'm still not 100% happy about my abs but, I'm that much closer, and I can never thank the surgeon enough for what he did for me.

I told my brother to get that done...he lost alot of weight and he has excess skin...but he doesn't want to have surgery...I can't blame him. I did not even want to get my wisdom teeth pulled. They had to dope me up six ways till Sunday just to sit down in the chair!!

its too weird that you just said that about the surgery. i was JUST talking to veggieprincess about this! i am having the same problem. i thought i was just kidding myself and that it was fat that i was calling extra skin, but no, i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day and it is definately extra skin hanging off me everywhee it feels like. it is SO FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I BUST MY ASS! ..... so i know what you mean. was it painful? expensive?

I was totally doped up ha ha! All I remember is that I was told to sit up, they stuck me in the back, and I was out! That was around 9 am, and I woke up around 3 or 4 pm. It took me a long time to come to terms with doing plastic surgery. It wasn't until I watched a Today show talk with this plastic surgeon based in Denver, Colorado that I felt that I had found the right surgeon. The first doctor I saw I didn't feel really cared about it except for the money involved. Anyway if you are interested in finding out more we can get in touch by email since pms aren't working. Then I actually got work done for free after the initial surgery, because this guy is a perfectionist. It's an art to him.

Today went to work at the YMCA, I'm sorry I can't help posting this because I am SO happy that it finally happened! Anyway got off at 10 am but my brother was tired, so I got to go hang out where my mom works, she took over my old job, instead of going home to sleep for a couple of hours. At 4 pm I went back to the gym hung out until 5:30pm, and then ran two miles with my small group. There were actually 4 runners tonight and I was in front the whole time. Had a nice chat with the trainer, and am motivated again, yeah! I must have looked tired though because some of the people in the Wellness department said I needed to get some rest, oops. I can't believe how cool everyone is. I talked briefly to the person that is in charge of schedules, and told her about the time off I need in July, and she was very cool about it, pretty much said there was no problem with me having that time off.

Tomorrow I am doing Cardio Jump,and Body Pump. On Thursday the small running group may meetup at 6 pm,and I will most likely do some weights, I'm thinking,bck,before my run. Friday I will take off, and then Saturday I expect to do some cardio on a machine, and maybe legs in the weight room. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I work, so I don't know if I will get in a workout on Sunday because they'reonly open 12-6pm.

Tonight in cardio jump there was a five minute warmup then off to our different stations for a minute at each one. It was also a different instructor so the set up was somewhat different.(First round)

Station 1: starting with right leg step onto step (2 risers each side), straddle & continue down line of steps, then start with left leg first- faster the better

Station2:squat holding medicine ball & jump into air raising ball overhead

3:run through ladder on floor- start with right leg first then change to left

4:kickboxing- moving forward jab with right arm/ jumping jacks backwards, then left jab

5:run around cones karaoke style- I don't know why they call it that-basically you run sideways alternating feet in front

(once done stations 5 minutes of jumping rope moves)

Second round-

1:jump squat onto step

2:holding medicine ball- reach diagonally in a squat motion to your back left touch ball on ground, then do right side

3:in pushup position walk on hands and feet down ladder touching each hand inside each square- these suck as I hate bodyweight stuff ha ha

4:kickbox-front kick moving foreward, jab backwards in boxer type move

5:shuffle around cones (5 minutes jump rope)

1:squat with right leg on step 4 times, hop over do left leg- keep moving

2:with medicine ball do plyometric lunges

3:jump down ladder alternating feet inside ladder

4:sidekick going forward, then sidekick other direction

5:speed skating style jump through cones

(5 minutes jumping)

then we had time for one more round at 30 seconds each station and we got to pick the one that we wanted to do

1-straddle and running down steps

2-ply lunges

3-did the first and third variations

4-did the 2 and third variations

5: karaoke run

then I got to lie down on a mat and do abs, and stretch!

Today I learned some interesting facts about the YMCA organization. I found out that the Y is where basketball, volleyball and raquetball were started. The central Florida YMCA is also the 9 largest YMCA organization, obviously New York is number one. There were a lot of other facts too, and there is also great opportunity to move up to management, and other positions. Also fouind out the person that started using the term bodybuilding was back in like 1881 when the Y was starting out. Anyway it would seem that I have finally landed a job in a great company that has a great future.

Tonight at the gym I tried out the AMT machine in the cardio area for 20 minutes. Then I took a Muscle Toning class, used 5, 7 and 12 pound weights. The twelves were for lunges, biceps, squats, rows, and bench press. The 5s were for shoulders, lots of shoulder exercises and these fives were quite heavy by the end. On a couple bench presses when we went extra slow I used the 7 lb weights. I was going to run but the trainer said there was lightning, so I ended up doing latin cardio instead. It was fun, but my level of fitness is greater than it used to be so it wasn't hard at all, except for the fact that I have no rhythm.

Ok, I'm not sure why, but I am totally excited about my workout tomorrow! I'm going to the gym in the morning, a few hours before my shift. I plan on running a 4.5 mile route through downtown Orlando past 4 lakes. Then I'm training legs. I don't know why but I absolutely love to train legs!! Anyway besides work at the Y, and working out at the Y I'm not doing much else. I get up at 3:45 am, go to work, get off at 10 am, hang out where my mom works, to save gas, then at 4pm I go back to the gym. Then I'm home by 7pm, and should try to get to sleep by 9:45 pm so I can at least get 6 hours of sleep. But this is not happening because of my nieces, they go to bed later than I do. I think things are about to change though so I may get more of a break. If I lived Downtown I could walk home and get some relaxation time, and time to myself.